enertia prop change on a 2520 xl

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommyr904

Reaction score
changed prop's last week and finally had a chance to run it today.

went from a 15 1/2 x 17 salwater series II to a 14 7/8 x 17 enertia.

today was not an ideal test day as sea's where 2-4's with 15-20 mph wind,

but here are my reults.with yamaha prop at 4700 rpm's i was running 30 mph burning 16 gph.i never could get much better than 1.8 mpg with the yamaha prop.getting on plan was a bit harder as the prop was a little big.wot with the yamaha prop was 39 mph burnig over 20 gph at 5500rpm.[my gauge only goes to 20]

with the enertia here how it was.full tank of fuel 175 gal's.3 guy's loaded to the gill enough gear to troll and bottom fish.4700 rpm was 28 mph [lost 2 mph]but fuel burn was 13 gph better than 2 mpg.i seem to be able to get 2 -2.1 mpg at several different speed's where with the other prop i never seen that.wot was 6000 at 38 and i expect it to get a little better with a lighter fuel load.even at wot i still was burning less than the 20 gal per hour and was still aroumd 1.8 mpg.the enertia also get's on plane alot faster.this is probably due to the 14 7/8 size.but it does jump right up on plane and that is pretty important where i fish as the water is so shallow.i'm gonna run it agian saturday maybe it will be a little better.

anyway 4 gags,3 red's and a bucket of blackfish.

Basically what I found with the enertia is that I lost a mph or so at a given rpm over my rev4 but the fuel burn was less too (showing less load on the motor-- I also can get my max rpms up too). I get about the same mpg as the rev 4 on flat water but I do much better in rough water with the enertia. I also can hold plane much slower with the enertia over the rev4. only thing I really lost was bite around the docks. Now that I have run my enertia a few months, i believe it to be the best prop I have run.

Isn't it amazing what a good set of props can do for a boat? :) Earlier this year, I went from 14 x 19 SS Yamaha wheels to 15.25 x 19 Mirage Plus wheels, and I raised the engines 2 notches. It's like and entirely different boat now. Better cruise economy, higher top speed, better low speed handling, quicker to jump on plane, holds plane at lower speed, etc.

But that might just be because the props say Mercury on them... :D

Sounds like you are getting great results with your Enertia. :)

Back