Engine purchase for 25'

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BayRat166

Reaction score
I have a 25ft parker I was thinking either a 150hp Suzuki or a 150hp Yamaha can anyone give me feed back on what is a better engine.

[/img]

Attachments

• ugly.jpg
    ugly.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 624
I am no expert, but I think I would go with a 200 hp minimum on a 25'. I have a 175 hp on a 21'. A 25 footer seems like a lot of boat for a 150.

If you are speaking of twins 150's would be fine. If not 250 at the least to push that boat! :shock:

I find that my 225 is ok but if I repower down the road I will go with a 250 or bigger. A 150 will push the boat but it would be way under power. Just my 2 cents.

Recommended minimum HP is 75% of max hull HP. Never go below that. I believe the 2520 MV max hull hp is 325. That is 243. A 250 is just above that 75%.

A pair of 150s would be sweet.

Dave

aka

I have a 225 Yamaha on my 2520 and it's a sweet ride, Everybody are almost everybody have Yamaha and they seem to be reliable. Maybe you could find a use one out there with a few hours on it ? otherwise go for the 250 !!!

Good luck

I remember seeing that for sale when I was looking. It's been customized for taking groups of people duck hunting.

I've got a new 225 on my 2520 MV and find that to be plenty of power, but with all the extra superstructure and weight on that one you might want more. A single 150 doesn't make sense because it probably won't be enough to get up on plane efficiently. And if you're just planning to use the boat at displacement speeds you can probably go with a little 25 hp motor and save yourself a ton of gas.

Back