Engine STalls

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis C

Reaction score
I have a F225 Yamaha. When the engine is at Idle or low RPM it will ocassionally stall. It actully runs out of gas and will not start until I pump the primer bulb about 3 times. Then it runs fine. It never cuts out while cruising or at WOT. I have changed all fuel filters and the primer bulb. I removed the check valve at the tank and it seems to be OK (not stuck).
any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

Dennis C":2fru3iqa said:
I have a F225 Yamaha. When the engine is at Idle or low RPM it will ocassionally stall. It actully runs out of gas and will not start until I pump the primer bulb about 3 times. Then it runs fine. It never cuts out while cruising or at WOT. I have changed all fuel filters and the primer bulb. I removed the check valve at the tank and it seems to be OK (not stuck).
any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

Definitely sounds like like a fuel pump to me...

I agree with the fuel pumps. Mine was doing the same thing last year. I changed the three pumps in the spring (with the help of some CP members) and its been good to go. $40.00 X 3 for the cost but what a difference.

Thanks for the info. I was leaning toward the fuel pumps but thought maybe someone had found another problem.

Finally it is fixed. I called my local dealer, the mechanic checked everything and said it was a vapor lock problem. He installed a Vapor Recovery Kit part# 90891-40430-00. According to the instructions, this kit was designed for F200 and F225 and covered all 2002, 2003 and some 2004 model years. The boat runs great and it does not stall any more.

Latest posts

Back