F150 engine life.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rplas48

Reaction score
I have a 2005 F150 with 1000 hours on it . Used in salt water but always flushed out with fresh water. It started to leak exhaust gas and water at the very bottom of the exhaust cover. Thinking it is time to replace. Any thoughts on engine life would be appreciated.

Here is m2cw. Great motor. I assume it does not burn a lot of oil, good compression, good LU and a good service history, other big ticket R n R items are good. If it has mid section corrosion, check with Andy at SIM Yamaha fora kit. Probably a good time to replace oil pump and drive shaft fitting or seal in oil pan. If you go this way, change lower oil , full water pump, check LU pressure check, and new thermostats. To me it is good for 6,000 or more hours of use with regular service. Oil changes are important,too and easy DIY item. Yamaha has full synthetic oil. I dont know how often you change oil but if you boat a lot. I would change 2 or 3 times per season, unless if in warm water area like Florida, do it by date and setup recurring appointment on phone calendar. Inexpensive, too. Clean oil is important

Timing Belt ever changed? That is a interference motor.

What does that mean? It means if it skips a cog on the timing belt the valves with crash into the pistons.

The recommended service interval is 1000hrs......I would not run one that long before changing.

Back