F150 Oil Change Advise

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tara11

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am going to change my oil and gas/water seperators, the gas filters are easy, but the oil I am a tad concerned, I ordered a pump from Sims Marine, and and adapter for the F150 that fits over the dip stick, and I would assume, once I connect it all I pump and tilt the motors to get all the oil out, and I also ordered two new oil filters, anyone have any words of wisdom,
My summer got cut short right when fishing got going for us, my wife broke her Tibia and the Fibila clear in half doing martial Arts two weeks ago, so I am trying to keep busy and save money as she will probally not be teaching this year, or at least the first half, my son and I will head out alone hopefully in a few weeks, but she is 100% out of commision for awhile, so I am learning to work on my motors, just the basic stuff ! Next will be the lower end oil, but that looks easy, so any pointers will help !
Thanks in advance !
Craig

Craig
I did my oil for the first time on my F150 Yamaha and it didn't require the use of any pumps nor did I utilize the dip stick hole.
On my motor there is a drain plug on the rear of the motor about 12"- 18" below the bottom of the housing. It sits inside of a rubber tube. Take out this drain plug and out comes your oil. If you can set your catch basin up on a table of some sort to be directly under this tube there is very little mess to deal with. Once the oil is out change your filter and fill her back up. Easier than a car but you don't have to crawl under. I have heard of pumps that utilize the dip stick hole which may be good if your in the water but I trailer so the drain plug was an easy choice.

Hope that helps.

Wayne

Thanks, I will give it a go this weekend, will use the pump for other machines I have, so it seems like a good investment, and on my 150 the oil filters look easy to get to, and the baggie trick seems like a god thing too !

I change mine on the trailer and after my last oil change the oil drain plug (mentioned above) was leaking. I bought another one of the copper washers that goes on the plug but did not want to drain all the oil. I decided to tilt the engine all the way up to minimize the oil that would be lost since it was new oil. I was surprised to find that none leaked out. In the future I plan to tilt the motor all the way up, pull the plug and insert a length of rubber hose that fits in to the hold to avoid any spillage.

Remember to get a new copper washer.

Good luck.

Thanks, today I changed the fuel filters, like an idiot I dropped one :shock: , so I flushed the bilge, my oil is really clear and clean, so I will wait, but I have everything and I got the pump from Andy at Sims, I can use it for the dingy motor and lots of motors, so it was a good investment, will deal with the oil when it is time, but thanks for all the input, I am landlocked for and unknown amount of time, depends of the wife healing time, my son and I think we can head out maybe middle Aug, so I am just picking on the boat and wishing I was fishing, the big bummer ( not to change the subject) but because she is a Teacher, she can not collect any type of disiablility, and with all the freeloaders out there, someone like her really needs it and can not get :( of well, will be updating as I do things !

Back