F200 Break in Maintenance

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozdogg

Reaction score
Parker Family,

Trying to get a straight answer on what maintenance is required at 20 hours. All fluids and filters? One person said no, just the oil and filter. Another person told me oil, filter and crank case oil. Then I read on a web site that said everything is required! Oil, filter, crank case oil, fuel water separator and fuel filter. Thank you!

Change it all. Cheap insurance. If any shavings were left in the fuel tank the fuel/water separator will have caught them. Definitely crankcase oil and filter, lower oil, and engine mounted fuel filter.

You are going to have a lot of fuzz on your lower unit drain plug. It's magnetic so the shavings from the lower unit gears get trapped on it. Make sure to clean them off also.

Thank you sydngoose!

I agree with sydngoose. The oil changes, both the crankcase and lower unit are to get rid of any contamination that might have been left in the outboard from assembly and perhaps some metal shavings that may have come off of gears, moving parts etc during the break in hours.

Fuel filter changes not required.

I would not change internal fuel filters, but I would install a new Yamaha 10micron 90gal/hr fuel water separator canister.
I did mine at 20 hours. Then every 6 months or 100 hrs whichever comes 1st.

I would not change internal fuel filters, but I would install a new Yamaha 10micron 90gal/hr fuel water separator canister.
I did mine at 20 hours. Then every 6 months or 100 hrs whichever comes 1st.
Appreciate all of the tips!

And the oil filter at 20 hours?
Yes. For some reason Yamaha service manual does not make it mandatory, but it just seems crazy not to change the oil filter with a oil change.
BTW - my 20hr oil looked pretty dark and not pretty, which is normal, and was confirmed by Blackstone analysis I did. But I would not want that oil filter to hang in there, glad I changed it.

--

Yes. For some reason Yamaha service manual does not make it mandatory, but it just seems crazy not to change the oil filter with a oil change.
BTW - my 20hr oil looked pretty dark and not pretty, which is normal, and was confirmed by Blackstone analysis I did. But I would not want that oil filter to hang in there, glad I changed it.

--
Thank you, Swatski!

Back