F225 troubles

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DOGHOUSE

Reaction score
Hoping to get some advice on what may be the issue with my engine.

OB: 2005 F225
Boat: 2005 - 2520XL Mod V

Scenario:

The motor was running with no issues all Spring, but after fishing in rough seas for three days I started having motor trouble...I had 3/4 tank of fuel.

The initial problem was when attempting to get above 2600 rpm's it bogged down and there was no power....but the boat still ran at the lower rpm's.....did not hear any miss firing and it was not running rough.

Put the motor in neutral and ran the rpm's to 4900 and it still had juice to go more....so figured it was only happening when under a load.

FILTERS:
when I drained the gas from the Racor it was dark yellow with a small amount of "saw dust" looking sludge. The engine fuel filter was also dark yellow.

Replaced Racor filter, and the F225 internal fuel filter.....

ASV
Also replaced the Anti-Siphon Valve thinking that may have been clogged, the old ASV appeared to be working but since I was in there I put the new one in.

PLUGS
I put new plugs in also........the old ones were in since early Spring, but did it anyway not knowing if they could be bad after burning the dirty gas.

Also tried opening up the fuel tank fill cap to see if it was a air intake issue, (was told to try that)....nothing changed.

Ok, now the boat will get to 3600 rpm's then no additional power from there.

What the strange thing is .... I can shut the motor down, and then start her back up after 10 seconds and she has full power.....and the motor will run forever after that initial attempt.

I am also running a HT 8 hp kicker off the same fuel tank and have not had any issues.....the external filter was clean but also replaced.

Any ideas for the next step? or why does it run after the shut down?

thanks in advance

sam

thanks for the help,

yes it does have a VST filter.....I have ordered the parts and probably will try that next. Looks like a job just to get to the VST housing...

Should I be replacing anything else in the VST other than the filter under the fuel pump, the "F" shaped filter, in the lines and the rubber gasket?

Back