Fell MOB question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albiejunkie

Reaction score
I installed the MOB fob in my dash over the winter and now my F250 won't start. Kicker started right up.
I have a feeling that fob is the culprit. More specifically, the way I wired it.
I have a second station and both the inside helm and outside helm have the old lanyard cut-off switches with the plastic inserts installed.
I wired it into what I thought was the circuit...
Has anyone installed this in a dual station setup?

I have it with a dual station. Are you sure the fob is paired? There should be 4 lights on top of the Mob. Soon as it gets power you have to click the button on the fob to pair and allow it to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You installed the hub in your dash, the fob is the part that you keep on your person. When you turn on your battery, you should have a red light on the hub. Click the fob, and you should get a greenlight on the hub. Then you are good to go.
Has it ever worked, or are you trying it for the first time since you installed it?

Well, do I feel silly.
I wasn't pairing the fob properly to the hub.
All good.
The range to cutoff was about 120' while in my yard. Makes for a long swim...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yeah, I could walk away a lot further than I would want to swim, but they say it works a lot quicker under water, which is why I will probably carry mine in my pocket. I would hate to fall in, and watch my boat get too far away, before realizing that the fob was on my wrist, waving away above the water.
It doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy, being able to walk around the house, and stick the fob in a 5 gallon bucket of water, and the engine never misses a beat.

Back