Filling drill holes on non-skid deck

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

350bake

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking for input on epoxy for drill holes on the non-skid. Tomorrow I am planning to remove the tackle station on my 2520 and fill the holes with epoxy. Once I remove the station, I plan on slightly drilling out the holes and mixing the 105/205 of the west system and filling in the holes.
My question is, should I mix any filler in with the epoxy AND to have a similiar look as the rest of the deck of non skid, should I mix in sand or something simliar. I am not an expert but I would rather fill with epoxy instead of 5200 as I think the epoxy is good for the boat and I read Megabyte's post on replacing his all-around light and I like his approach. There may be 8 to 10 screw holes that need filling. Appreciate any input. Thanks.

Wet the holes out with straight epoxy, then fill the remaining void with a mixture of epoxy and colloidal silica (Cab-o-sil, Aerosil) mixed to the consistency of mayonnaise.

You will have to match it with paint or gelcoat to hide the repair.

Bryan 2530":3f4t1139 said:
Wet the holes out with straight epoxy, then fill the remaining void with a mixture of epoxy and colloidal silica (Cab-o-sil, Aerosil) mixed to the consistency of mayonnaise.

You will have to match it with paint or gelcoat to hide the repair.

Exactly. In addition to the above, I like to put a slight countersink on the top of the hole to increase the bonding area for the epoxy plug.

Not only does the paint or gelcoat hide the repair, it also protects the epoxy from UV.

Thank you for the help. I filled the holes in the deck as well as drilled out the holes on the roof, and filled with epoxy. In process of replacing my all-around light with a new LED light. Thanks again for your responses!

Back