Filter on Rear of Engine

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnfbushjr

Reaction score
Does anyone recognize these components on the rear of my 2005 Yamaha F225 shown in the photos? And how often they need serviced? I don't see them mentioned or shown in my owner's manual. One of them looks like an "F" fuel filter that is part of the VST system.

Location.jpg

Detail.jpg

The canister doesn't get serviced
The fuel filter should be changed @ 100 hour or annually.

Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 07.54.42.png

Okay got it thanks. Odd its not called out in my owner's manual. I had a 2002 model year F225 and it didn't have one of this setup. It has never been changed in the 3 years I've been running this boat I'll have to get right on it.

The canister doesn't get serviced
The fuel filter should be changed @ 100 hour or annually.

View attachment 39051

Thanks again Antidote. I noticed from my pictures the tubing is fastened to the filter by plastic zip ties versus a hose or pinch clamp. Seems odd. Is this not typically full of fuel? Is it some type of fuel vapor recovery system?

Thanks again Antidote. I noticed from my pictures the tubing is fastened to the filter by plastic zip ties versus a hose or pinch clamp. Seems odd. Is this not typically full of fuel? Is it some type of fuel vapor recovery system?
Nevermind just found an explanation on another site. It is a fuel vapor recovery system to capture vapor from the VST when the engine is turned off. It should not have liquid fuel in it, which is probably why Yamaha chose to use an inexpensive zip tie.

Back