First Fluke

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike2043

Reaction score
Got my first western sound fluke yesterday. Wish I could say I employed some great fluke tactic but it was just dumb luck this time. The wife wanted to go out so we did some things around the house in the morning and headed out for the afternoon. My intention was to do some fluking. I was out on a party boat with guy’s from work the night before and the fishing was just horrible. 48 guy’s 6.5 hours and we only caught 4 stripers. Any way’s I went to the bait store and he said they were hitting blues and stripers all day so I figured I would do that instead and get the wife on some big fish. Went to my spot and set up. 3 lines 2 on fish- finders and 1 drifting bunker chunks with no weight. We were there a bit when we got our first bite. Grabbed the pole and fought it for a minute and bam. Blue fish cut the line. Reeled it in and decided to check one of the other baits before I retied that rod. I started reeling the second line in and it felt heavy. Hmmm. I'm thinking I have a crab or a clump of mussels. While I was reeling that line in the third line takes off. I lay the pole down and grab the other one. I start to fight this fish and get it close to the boat and I see it’s a nice striper and all of sudden good –by all gone. Spit the hook. Now I’m kind of mad that I lost 2 fish. I get over that in a hurry and rebait and cast that line back out. Now the other pole is still laying there up against the gunwale I looked at it and it was fine the tip wasn't bouncing or anything. I decide to re-rig the line that I lost the blue fish on. I do that bait it up and cast it out. Now I turn my attention to the other pole again. I start reeling it in and all of sudden it starts pulling back, hard. I reel some more when I feel the head shake. I have no idea what I have. This pole never moved. I finally see the white belly come up and could not believe my eyes. I yell for the wife to get the net and she tells me to stop yelling at her and asked where the net is. Finally get the net and boat the fish. What a day. This one fish made my day . The fish went 25” @ 8lbs. and as I am writing this it is being fried up for dinner. Now I cant wait to catch one like this when I’m actually fluke fishing. Enjoy the pic.

Fluke.jpg

Very Very nice!!! Yea they always say why you yelling at me!!! If they would just do what there told there would be alot of happy men in this world!!!HaHa

Back