Fish Box Drop-in Inserts

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EDGEWATER

Reaction score
Anybody have the drop-in inserts for their fish box?

I have a 2320 and did not get them when I bought my boat.

Are they worth having?
Parker specific?
Durable?

Thanks -

I'm not sure what you're referring to, but the fish box i have is poorly insulated.

Hey I have a 2008 2320 and I got two one on each side with my boat :?: :?: I don't use mine I wish I could my mine into a round live well :?: You should have got two with your boat :lol: :?:

Thanks for the replies.

My fish box need LOTS of ice to be effective. Was thinking about partitioning it off in maybe two sections. Might be a good place for fresh water to T-ee into wash down pump.

I'm just looking for a little more storage. the inserts would keep the "stuff" away from the fish and ice.

tomt - why don't you use your inserts?

if you mean the plastic boxes that sit atop the fish bow, i have them and they work well. i drilled holes in the corners to keep stuff dry. the fishbox is only good for mops and boat hooks imho.

I haven't found anything to use them for :?: :?: My boat is new and I haven't through of anything to use they for right now :?: Hey what water way do you fish in :?: :lol:

tomt":2xpoih5b said:
I haven't found anything to use them for :?: :?: My boat is new and I haven't through of anything to use they for right now :?: Hey what water way do you fish in :?: :lol:

I drilled holes in the bottom of mine so they don't collect water. I put odds and ends in them. I keep gloves, dehooker, fillet knife, boga grips, buoy handle, etc., Very handy. I only use one of the two.

Some people say they are insulated but they don't keep ice very long. I use it as a kill box. I do keep ice in it and when I can a fish I intend to keep, I throw it in there until I'm ready to gut it and then throw it in the real cooler.

I wish Parker had done a better job of insulating that box or better yet, put a bigger one in the floor.

What I am finding with the livewell that I put in my 2120 PH is that it is working out well. I have a switch that is connected in the line and it turns the pump on every 3 minutes for 30 seconds and I don't need any ice. I put a stand pipe (drain) in the tank so it keeps fresh water going thru the tank constantly. Last time out the fish was still living when we got to the dock and the water was clear. I have only tried it this one time but have high expectations for it. The water stays fresh and so do the fish, what could be any simpler?

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 746
I have a 2008 2820xl with fish box in the back, i do not believe the fish box is insulated, i use it to store cleaning supplies and other things, i use one of the trays to store things and have drilled a hole in the bottom to keep it dry. the other one I put my frozen bait in to defrost, works well. the dealer i boat my boat from builds custom coolers/live wells/seats. The one he put on my boat has a live well in the back with 4 storage trays for tackle, 4 rock launchers, the front has a seat for two with an insulated cooler under the seat that drains overboard. I was in the keys fishing a couple of weeks ago and put (4) 25lb blocks of ice in the cooler on sunday and used them through tuesday before I needed to replace them.

Hey ppem45: You mentioned that you use a switch to turn you pump off and on (3minumtes off and 30 secs on). Where did you get the timer switch and any info on the switch.

Thanks
Bill

I got it from Cabela's. It is only $29.99 and it is called a Rig Rite Livewell Timer. Look under Boating , Livewells and Aerators. They also have another one for $34.99 and you can adjust the time it turns on and off, I didn't see any need to time it so I got the cheaper one. It is easy to install and saves a lot of ice and worry.

Back