Fisher Custom Boat Canvas

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hugs Tug

Reaction score
Looking for feed back on a custom made witer boat cover from Fisher.
The product looks to be of good quality and they say that with normal maintenance it should last 8 to 10 years.
Getting tired of paying for shrink wrapping in the fall only to throw it away in the spring.
I do not want to get into the boat cover game with all the supports that go along with it. I need something that I can put on and basically forget about.
Thanks in advance
Tom

Thumbs up for me. I have a 2520, this winter will be the 10th season for the cover. I can see at least 5 more years with it at a minimum.
That being said, I do not live too far from there and let them store it when not in use. It has been "repaired" a time or two, if they see a spot wearing oddly they will call with an estimate to fix it. I think the most I ever paid was $50+- for the repair. It wasn't just a patch job either but a new panel sewed in. It's a 2 man job to install, not sure how the center console design would be as far as men needed to install.
When this one goes, I'll get another one in a heartbeat.
The canvas covers everything, right down to the about 4-6 inches under the bottom. Three 2X4 ribs are used as the "skeleton".

Here is a link to the website for those who have asked.
I do not have a photo of my personal boat under cover unfortunately, but this is how it generally looks. I forget how much I paid for it 10 years ago, but I'm guessing today they are probably $1500+- for a 2520.
The only "downside" I see is whatever they treat it with, some type of waxy substance, does rub off onto whatever contact points the cover has with the boat. It's not a big deal though since I wax the boat thoroughly when I uncover it and the stuff does come right off.

http://www.fishercanvas.com/

I had one for my Sailfish and sold it earlier this year. It was about 10 years old when I bought it and still in descent shape. I used it for two season and then said the heck with it. While it did fit the boat nicely, I found that it was a terrible pain in the @$$ to put on and take off and it wasn't entirely water repellent. Not worth the major expense if you ask me. Buy some PVC and a tarp for a heck of a lot less and save yourself the hassle.

Back