Fishing Hole coordinates into Garmin

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

07vtgt

Reaction score
Good evening all,

I have had my 2120 for about 4 months now and am trying to get it set up for fishing season in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. I have come across GPS coordinates for a bunch of fishing holes in the area but cant seem to find a good way to get the on my Garmin GPSMAP 540. I can enter waypoint and then have to edit the numbers and that takes forever. I was wondering if anyone had a better way to go about getting all the coordinates in instead of spending several nights in the driveway clicking away on the boat. I love the boat and it has been great for cruising this summer... now it is time to go striper hunting. Just what this boat was built for, being out in the cold weather but nice and dry and warm. Thanks for any assistance you can provide me as I am new to the boat GPS's.

Ryan

When you go to mark the waypoint, before saving, go to further options, and enter in the lon/lat. You are not going to be able to do this quicker. You need to physically type in the lons and lats.

I just got a 440S and it looks like you have to get something liken the Garmin Homeport program. Then you can enter waypoints manually and export to the SD card for your fixed GPS. Looks like I will also need an SD card reader. Haven't tried it yet but that's what I was able to finger out so far. Wish there was an easier way to import stuff from an old GPS and then transfer that to my new one!

..............if your unit is portable and not hard mounted in the boat, you can use an ac/dc adapter cord from Garmin and sit in the man chair, watch football and plug away with the numbers at your leisure. 8)

That would be the ideal situation but sadly it is a flush mounted unit. I guess I will just have to get my radio out there and sit and enjoy an evening on the boat, even if it isnt on the water. Thanks for the help though guys. I love this site, it is how I ended up getting the boat I did. Thanks again.

wflgator":21ufucsv said:
I just got a 440S and it looks like you have to get something liken the Garmin Homeport program. Then you can enter waypoints manually and export to the SD card for your fixed GPS. Looks like I will also need an SD card reader. Haven't tried it yet but that's what I was able to finger out so far. Wish there was an easier way to import stuff from an old GPS and then transfer that to my new one!

I agree with wflgator. Homeport software costs less than $30 and you can enter waypoints and export to a SD memory card in a card reader then import into 440S
I would contact Garmin tech support, too
m2cw

Back