Fishing Rods

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antidote

Reaction score
What do y’all do with your rods when you aren’t fishing? Three options I see are leave them in the rocket launchers, take them off the boat, stow them in the berth. I currently have a rod holder set up I hate in the berth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always take them off. I had a break in a few years ago. They walked past a whole lot of very expensive boat fittings to break into the cabin, where they rustled around and didn't end up taking anything. I have no doubt they were looking for an easy Craigslist score of fishing tackle that could be resold easily in a coastal area. Even in a marina with cameras, unless there's manned security to back it up, all your gear is likely to be gone and you'll be left with a grainy, unidentifiable picture of the guy that took it as consolation...

I know crime happens anywhere; but, the harbour I’m in many people leave their keys in the ignition of their boat. It’s a locked harbour so it’s a little difficult to motor off in a stolen boat. There have been a few cars at homes that where left unlocked have been gone through even with 24 hour security. Most likely neighborhood kids.

I have a few Penn Battle IIs and a few Penn Squalls. Not top of the line; but, worth some coin as a group. I wish we where allowed to have dock boxes. That would fix everything.

Back