Fixed window conversion kit?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pain Management

Reaction score
Anyone know if you can convert a fixed window into one that opens. I took a look at the one window that does open and it looks likes there were only hinges and hardware added to make it happen. Is there a kit that can be bought and if so what is the cost?
Thanks
George

This past January when I was at the Boston boat show, I had a conversation with a gentelman who was a factory rep from Parker. He indicated that the new swing out windows sould fit into the opening of the older boat fixed windows. There are threads in the Projects forum detailing the manufacturer of the opening windows and info on contacting them.

My parker is a 2001 2520.
Looking at the window it looks like I can use the existing window and just add hardware. Would that be possible or am I missing something?
George

I think that the frame is quite different between the two. Take a walk on at a dealer or if you find one at a marina or a launch ramp that has opening windows, and compare measurements between it and yours. It has been a while since I have been at the helm of our 96 2520 DVSC tow boat to remember exactly how they differ with my 2003 2520XL. I do think that there is enough difference in the frames that the fixed window frame may not support the weight of the open window or trying to clamp it shut and water tight. I don't think that there is an easy way, but I am sure there is someone else on this board that may have tried or done this.

I'm thinking about doing the same thing. , The Manufacturer of my windows has a web site, Wynne Enterprises. Anyone have a good solution to taking water salt/spots/stains off windows .

The supplier of OEM windows to Parker has changed over the years, but a call to the factory could confirm when the change was made, and who supplied the windows for your boat.
252-728-5621

I believe that the present supplier of windows to Parker is Diamond Sea Glaze.
http://www.diamondseaglaze.com/

Thanks Capt. I knew I could count on you for the correct info. We had talked about doing this on the tow boat, but decided to go with bigger fans mounted by the side windows.

Back