Flush mount thru hull

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A-K

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious on the opinion on this site.

5200 or 4200?

I like 5200 below the water line, but I have read on hull truth some people are recommending 4200 for thru hull transducers.

I'm drilling holes next weekend!

Thanks all!

The flush mount X-Ducer you refer to is known as a Tilted Element X-Ducer.

They come in different configurations. Read the Damn directions. I've seen people install them like they think they should go and It's Wrong!

Older X-Ducers the arrow points toward the Bow.

Tilted Element units the Arrow points at the KEEL. It even says it right on the top of the unit. KEEL with a arrow,

Now think about the product you use as if you may want / need to remove it one day.

I've seen a dealer installed unint not use the correct size holesaw and hack around on the hull to make it fit.

warthog5":b5u8m48q said:
The flush mount X-Ducer you refer to is known as a Tilted Element X-Ducer.

They come in different configurations. Read the Damn directions. I've seen people install them like they think they should go and It's Wrong!

Older X-Ducers the arrow points toward the Bow.

Tilted Element units the Arrow points at the KEEL. It even says it right on the top of the unit. KEEL with a arrow,

Now think about the product you use as if you may want / need to remove it one day.

I've seen a dealer installed unint not use the correct size holesaw and hack around on the hull to make it fit.

I have been doing my homework and thank you for comment about the arrow pointing at the keel. I have heard about those who have made that mistake...unfortunate.

I have most all the tools even bought a fancy wrench to hold the ducer in place while the large nut get tightened.

I have just read mixed opinions on the 4200 vs 5200 online.

I just placed a order for the 3 3/4 hole saw.

its game time this weekend. Slow and steady though because you need to have a good plan and measurements when drilling such a critical hole in the bottom of the boat :shock:

The wrench was not needed on a new install.
3 3/4 holesaw tells me your putting a 1000watt unit in.

Just take the nut and with the unit Not installed run the nut up and down the threads dry....This is to make sure all the threads are in good shape and the threades work correctly.

I had a problem once and everything was gooped up.

Tape the face of the x-ducer and put a arrow on that tape to match the inside arrow. This helps getting alignment correct when your shoving it in the hull all gooped up.

Dry fit it first and have blocks to wedge under the unit to hold it in the hull while you climb inside to install the nut.

All good points from Warthog. This is something that I ran into:

Make sure you dry fit, and I would recommend attaching the nut when dry fitting:

I installed a 1000Watt ducer 2 years ago, and thankfully I'm a picky bastard, and checked the install before applying 4200. The layup of the fiberglass in my hole varied by at least 1/8 inch from side to side such that the nut wasn't flush against the inside of the hull when tightening. I had to grind/sand down the fiberglass (on the inside) so that the ducer was flush on the inside and the outside of the hull.

I could tell that there was going to be a problem just by the varied thickness of the hull once I cut the hole.

I just installed a B175M in my boat. If you are near Beaufort, NC you can borrow the 3.75" hole saw I bought. I used fast cure 4200. You do not want to do this with 5200. If by horribly bad luck you have to take it out 5200 will cause you to destroy both the hull area and the transducer getting it out.

windknotnc":276pdxbe said:
I just installed a B175M in my boat. If you are near Beaufort, NC you can borrow the 3.75" hole saw I bought. I used fast cure 4200. You do not want to do this with 5200. If by horribly bad luck you have to take it out 5200 will cause you to destroy both the hull area and the transducer getting it out.

I'm installing the B175M also. I think it will do pretty good for the type of fishing I do in the North West.

How do you like the B175M?

Thanks for the offer but a little ways for me to drive to pick it up :D

Back