Flushing Outboards

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I filled with water and have the motor in it, but I only have the water to the plate where the perma trims would mount, and I get no water out of the pee hole, so shut off the motor fast, I am thinking I need to have the second set of openings under water, I have the place where I attach the muffs under water, but no pee hole water, any thought ?
Just called the boat place, need the motor deeper in the water :(
Craig

You got the intake on the lower unit covered by water and no peehole activity then you may have a pump problem. It does take a about three to five seconds sometimes for the water to circulate up around the engine and out the hole.
I think a new water pump kit about every two or three years depending on the amount of time the engines are run is a good idea regardless of whether the pumps/impellas seem to be working or not.

Skipper Hub

I goofed, just need to be in the trough more, runs perfect with muffs, now we are trying figure an easy way to raise it, that makes this easy with two motors, once I make it easy, I will post a pic, it is funny though that if you have muffs connected on the lowest intake for water works perfect, but if you have the motor in water has to be above the second set of vents ! Oh well, at least we did not mess the pump up ! Or me trying to keep everything working could of cost more money :( How I wish I could go, it is nice here and getting nicer !

Last season I put 150 hours on our F-150 and would use the flush connection ,while running the engine at idle for five to ten minutes each time we came home. At the end of the season replaced the water pump , and found the impeller and housing in perfect condition. I'm not rewriting the owners manual, just an observation. At work we have a 60 4st. that has been flushed with this method for the last 4 years with no ill effects.If your motor is still under the factory warrenty this may not be a good idea just incase something was to go wrong you may be S.O.L. Again just an observation .

Last year when they replaced both of mine, they were also in good condition !

Tara11

I have the same stock tank as shown in picture,in order for it to work perfect you need to prop up the tank,I use 2 pieces of 4x4 wood and make sure that water level is over the top suction area,not where you place muffs,its right above cav plate.

I leave the hose running into tank and run motor as much as I want because you will get some spilage over the edge of tank.

Robert
2300DVCC

Thats what I did, and it worked perfect, it is kind of cool , and way less noise, worked perfect !

Back