For Those About to Rock

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougP

Reaction score
I am having the am/fm Ipod unit installed in my electronics box this coming week. Listened to it mounted the same way on another boat and it sounded very good. If you are thinking about upgraded this spring or like me and putting one in for the new ride this is something to check out.

Found several good reviews online and over on THT.

Hope this helps someone trying to do the same thing :D

http://www.fusioncaraudio.com/north-and ... -type.aspx

If it works for the iPod, it would work for the iPhone 3G as well. Both use the same connector. :wink:

Megabyte":2sagbdlo said:
If it works for the iPod, it would work for the iPhone 3G as well. Both use the same connector. :wink:

Actually, they don't (at least the original version of the radio didn't). It wasn't an issue with the dock connector, but rather shielding against the GSM radio. Lot's of feedback and when the phone rang all hell would break loose.

ryanc2":fxw6zkxx said:
Megabyte":fxw6zkxx said:

Actually, they don't (at least the original version of the radio didn't). It wasn't an issue with the dock connector, but rather shielding against the GSM radio. Lot's of feedback and when the phone rang all hell would break loose.

The 2G and 3G are different and radios designed to be connected to the iPhone through the data connection will differ/ the 3G used a different pin for charging so 2G connectors will not charge the 3G. The feedback is Bluetooth and can be turned off on the iPhone by putting it in airplane mode. You will not receive calls but can listen to the iPhone without the noise. Some radios are more integrated and do not demonstrate this issue and you can leave all setting on without interference. My radio will gradually lower the volume and ring through the speakers and the mute during call after call it will return to the previous volume all automatically.

By the way in case you are wondering the iPhone does not float and make an expensive wireless anchor…… :x Check this out, got one for Christmas and plan on installing to rear station. The “New” iPhone stays in the cabin from now on. :D

Cobra MRF300BT

http://www.cobra.com/index.cfm?fuseacti ... gory_ID=46

Got the boat back after having the T top and electronics box installed. I plugged the Ipod into the Fusion radio and turned it up. Sounds great. I found it easier to operate with the radio controls than the ipod wheel. the radio controls work just like the ipod, but much easier to use. I have the nano so it is a small control panel.

I also finally mounted the fire extinguisher. Hope it holds, if not I will tell the coast gaurd to call the highway patrol to look for it on the highway :shock:

I mounted the rear view mirror to the electronics box, so I can see the wife fall overboard when I go WOT :roll: j/k. I mounted one on our patrol boat and all the guys were wondering why until they drove the boat and really liked it.

Had to buy new rail mounts for the larger diameter rails on the top and while removing the gps puck from the old one I sliced the wires coming out of the puck. It was sliced to close to the puck to repair. So instead of a new reel, I got a new gps puck :(

Put the boat name on all the safety gear so someone can say, poor bastards, when they find it and wonder what happened to the person using it :?

If the weather plays nice I will re load the boat this weekend and wait till the tourist leave and splash Sunday evening.

Now I need to get two LED spreader lights and get them wired up and run power to the 12v receptacle.

Attachments

• Box 1 (Medium).JPG
    Box 1 (Medium).JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 642
  • Radio 1 (Medium).JPG
    Radio 1 (Medium).JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 642
  • Top 5 (Medium).JPG
    Top 5 (Medium).JPG
    109.5 KB · Views: 642
DougP":79al475e said:
Now I need to get two LED spreader lights and get them wired up and run power to the 12v receptacle.

Check this light out.
All LED and very BRIGHT!

DSCN0003.JPG

DSCN0004.JPG

Latest posts

Back