Found pin hole :(

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tara11

Reaction score
I was running my motors this morning and checking everything since we can not go anywhere ( wife got hurt real bad) and flipped the wash down switch and heard water splashing hissing, found a pin hole in the hose that feeds the deck washdown, and the bummer is there are nuts on the screws to take off the hose attachment, and I just not to long ago, resealed that cover piece that keeps deck water from going down into the buildge, so I drilled out the screws and replaced the hose and now we are good to go, if it would of happened on the ocean, it would of been impossible to fix, so I made new holes and put back together ! So lesson here is after 5 years, things are beginning to wear out, but I try to stay on top of it all ! The hose I took out, if your pinch it you feel the cracking !

A couple of years back, I was doing our annual Wish-a-Fish event for sick and disadvantaged kids, and a 23' CC went down due to a broken live well line.

The gate valve / seacock was open when the line broke, and the boat went down so fast that we only heard one distress call.

I had my family on board pull their lines and sit on the deck so I could make a dash to the stricken vessel that had already turned turtle trapping two underneath.

It is amazing how fast a boat can go down when a line breaks, so my advice to others is to always keep that valve closed when the live well or wash down is not in use.
Your life could depend on it.

Thats what we do, I mounted a new live well on the Armstrong bracket and a few weeks ago we used it for the first time, wotrked great, and I love the fact that it is not inside the boat, BUT the pump and hoses are, and we do keep the valve closed when not using the bait tank or the wash down !

SAT, 06 June 2009 - Stellwagen Bank (out off of Glostah/Beverly, Mass) heard the livewell piping may have let go, as the drain plug was in place whence checked after being towed back to the dock ...

fountain1_114.jpg

fountain2_132.jpg

fountain3_121.jpg

Does anyone think they do NOT need to add :shock: a high water alarm regardless of their hosing or use regimen?

Does anyone think that maybe some better life jackets are in order. How do you think that dude with a throw cushion strapped to his back feels. Btw, he will float FACE DOWN in that configuration. Good thing they did not have to swim for it.

I looked the other day at my bilage area an it had a bunch of water in it. The I noticed that there was water dripping from that little clear cap with a screen in it that leads to my raw water washdown. I tightened it up and it slowed down the leak to a drip every once in a while but no water seem to be accumulating now. I need to check the washer in there I guess. I would have thought the biliage pump would have cut on an pumped that water out.

In this months BoatUS web Magazine they have an excellent article about fuel hoses made in Malaysia and other places that state they meet the appropriate standards when they don't. Can cause serious problems as they tend to start to deteriorate immediately, especially when exposed to ethanol. They were used by both manufacturers and aftermarket, as they thought they met all requirements. I'm not sure if Parker used any. The bottom line is that you should check your hoses for the country of origin as well as the specifications printed. The only ones you can be sure of as made in the USA. If it says Malaysia, I'd definitely replace.

Back