Frankenparker?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gw204

Reaction score
A buddy and I were discussing the boat shown below (supposedly an early to mid-80s 21 Parker) and trying to figure out what is going on in some of the pics. We aren't sure if some of the things shown are how it was set up from the factory or if someone has taken a saw to it and created their own Frankenparker...

1. The transom cutout looks factory in the way that the core is cut back slightly and the glass wraps around the edges and forms that solid glass lip.
2. I was pretty sure that the cap in the stern did not extend on to the transom. So I suspect those cap "corners" may actually be a custom addition sourced from another boat as you can see they have been cut and whomever did it left the raw edges exposed. We thought that perhaps the boat had been an I/O at some point, but I didn't think Parker ever did a 21 I/O. I guess that's possible though as maybe the transom was recored and that big stainless plate could be covering up an old I/O hole in the outer skin.

Other strange stuff...

3. I am 99% sure that console and t-top are from a late 70s to early 80s Mako. Obviously not factory...
4. Pretty sweet that the fuel filler hose is completely exposed and runs down into a gaping hole in the deck.

The more I think about it I'm pretty convinced that this is someone's "custom" creation (aka deathtrap), but curiosity got the best of me and I had to come here and ask the experts.

Attachments

• IMG_3575.jpg
    IMG_3575.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_3576.jpg
    IMG_3576.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3578.jpg
    IMG_3578.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_3579.jpg
    IMG_3579.jpg