Freshwater System Strainer?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnkn

Reaction score
I believe the FW strainer for the washdown on my boat is partially clogged. The issue is that I have drawers inserted into the port side seat so I can only see/access the strainer from the front hatch. I can see the back of the clear strainer cap, but when I reach into the seat base and put my hand on it my view is blocked and I'm working blind at that point. Is there anything odd or spring loaded under the cap other than the strainer/filter? Anything that is under pressure and going to fly out? I can get a hand on it an easily turn it, I just don't want to spin it off blindly and have it 'explode' springs, etc into the seat base and create a huge problem retrieving them. I wish I could find a good pic of the strainer so I know better what I'm dealing with. thank you

That's one of the problems. It's barely visible. I stuck my phone in there and took a few pics of the black pump but of course could not see the manufacturer. I'll need to put the phone further back in next time. Whatever a 2017 2820 would come with. Thanks

Edit, appears to be Jabsco perhaps 6gph but I can't be certain until I get more pics. Just trying to understand how the strainer comes apart, whether the lid just unscrews with no springs putting pressure on the strainer element, etc.

The strainer and the fitting on outlet side are just held in by a clip....It's a guillotine type affair. Lift up on it and the strainer will slide out......But you still have a hose and hose clamp to deal with.

But..... It you can't get to the pump.....You may have to cut a access hole. See if you have room for a 10in pop out piehole cover?

Thanks guys. Sorry for the delay, was on a fishing trip. I'm going to play it safe and just remove the cabinet drawer assembly to access the strainer, I can probably pop it out in 5 minutes. Take care.....

Back