Fuel flow management?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96TL

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a fuel flow monitoring system for a friend of mine? He has an '05 2520XL with a F225. He doesnt have the Yamaha Command guages and really wants start monitoring his fuel consumption. Whats a good reliable system?

Thanks. 8)

Does anyone know if you can simply add 10, 20, or 50 gallons to the tank with the Yamaha kit? Or, do you need to top-off the tank FULL every time to keep the calibration numbers accurate?

I am asking because (1) I a not familiar with the Yamaha unit, and (2) as 'some' fuel computers must be topped off EVERY fill or the numbers (for range and remaining) are invalid.

FWIW the Navan/Northstar series, starting @ ~$100, allow you to add whatever quantity you want. That is super for me since I ferry my fuel in 2 to 4 five-gallon jerry jugs. At the end of the season I get a full readout of gallons used, miles run, and average consumption as MPG. Nice data!

Add back the Mass $0.21 fuel excise tax rebate/refund for road-fuel taxes paid, but used in a boat ... and I get enough $$ to buy some cool fishing stuff!

I normally reset my Yamaha guage back to zero when I fill up. If I put in an odd number of fuel, I try to keep track of it in my head.

DaleH":33siwzkl said:
, do you need to top-off the tank FULL every time to keep the calibration numbers accurate?

You do in the system that comes with the 06 F250's.

Pain in the A#$.

Back