Fuel gauge stuck

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J876

Reaction score
Parker 2520XL three years old. Digital yamaha fuel gauge is stuck on 5 bars (5 out of 10). It doesn't budge like it used to when I go up on plane or come down, just stays on 5 bars. Just to confirm I put 30 gallons in the tank and it's still stuck on 5 bars. Dealer had the fuel tank "open" a few weeks ago replacing the fuel and vent lines, not sure if this has anything to do with it. Anyone have any recommendations?

Sending unit would be my guess. Thats kind of what mine did when it went. Confirmed when I ran out of gas.
All the mechanics around here have a 2-3 week wait. Can I replace this myself despite being a novice? Is it just a matter of unscrewing the bolts, screwing in a new sending unit, and attaching the wires? Or would you recommend I let a professional do it?

It's doable for just about everyone. Search past posts on here, as there are some good posts for going about this. You can easily check your sending unit to verify that is your problem. For that you will need a multimeter. Check YT also, you can get a feel for what's involved.

연료게이지불량~ 연료게이지 교체하세요

Attachments

• 20230517_145856.jpg
    20230517_145856.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 20230517_145315.jpg
    20230517_145315.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 2
It’s straight forward and inexpensive replacement for sending unit. My factory sending unit was odd at best, a circuit board was in the sending tube soaking in all that fuel.
Did the same thing you stated in read outs. it acted like a stuck float but it’s the unit.
See KUS Marine products.

I’ll second the KUS Marine. Emailed them to confirm which model and gasket material. Very responsive and quick to ship. Install was simple as previously stated. Ordered a matching plug from Amazon and wired it up on the bench for a plug and play install.

Latest posts

Back