Fuel Prices

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took it as a joke, here are my facts. I boat/fish Lake Erie, the futherest trip for me would be 25mi one way. The ave trip is 6-8mi on main engine then troll with 9.8 kicker 6-8 hrs not using a whole lot of gas by any means. Last year my gas bill was aprox $600, the boat I had used 14 galX 2= 28 gal hr@ 26-28mph, The new 225 should burn 75% of 1 of my old engines or 10.5 gal hr I just know it will be a lot cheaper,now to the point. The wife said that I was getting to old to be maintaing the 2 boats I have, so why not trade both on a new one. I went to Annap boat in 09-010- and looked at Parker, we both said Parker it is. Teh problel was 23 or 25 we settled for 2320, we don't stay on the boat so 2320 it is. Sat I will pick up the new boat, can't wait (if it ever stops raining). By the way
fuel is costing $4.49 to $4.57 gal at our marinas.

Congratulations on the new 2320!
Post up a photo of the new girl after you take delivery. We love boat photos. 8)

Got gas today regular in somers point nj. $ 3.89 a gallon
it is cheaper than at the gas stations around the area. I think marina
trying to cut the boaters a small break. Granted still to high. I thought i would be paying about $ 4.50 a gallon.

" BEAN "

Took a ride down to the South end of the Island this morning.

Lotta fog, but a nice ride anyway.

Morrison's in Beach Haven was selling Lukoil Plus 89 octane for $3.71 per gallon....

I filled the tank with 65 gallons. Well worth the ride.

Pumps at the North end of the Island are around $4.50 per gallon....

Enjoy the Memorial Day Weekend....

Thank You to all who have served 8)

We are thankful for your service.....

Kevin M5

The combination of fuel costs and fish limits has changed my boating habits. Makes no sense to burn $400 worth of fuel to keep 2 grouper. Damn Feds. Commercials have them in their pocket.

Anyway, The Other Line has turned into a intracoastal cruiser. For Now.

Thats the problem, so you spend less on fuel, fishing equipment, bait, etc. etc.

Real nice "stimulus" package there. :x

Same issue.

This weekend I had a bunch of my buddies come up for my graduation party - it was get everyone out for fluke fishing or go party in block for an afternoon. We chose Block. Same price fuel wise, can take on more people to split.... vs taking 4 to fish and trying to deal with the horrendous fluke limits.

Back