Fuel sensor installation

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paddleon

Reaction score
What is involved with adding a Navman fuel sensor?
The readout Iart I can do easily and have no problem making holes .
I was wondering about the fuel lines etc.

Any feedback would be very helpfull.I'm tied of wondering exactly how much fuel I'm using and what is left in the tank.Those bars on the dash are not very usefull
J

I installed the Yamaha fuel mangment system last fall with great results. The hardest part was running the wire in the provide chase tube. Mount the gauge in the dash, mount the flow sender, conect the fuel line from filter/seperator to the sender than connect theh fuel line from snsor to engine. I can't inmagine that a navman is much different.

almost forgot, to utilize the economy mode (mpg) you'll need to connect the fuel mangament system to either your gps (first choice) or your speedo

Paddleon":2r12q6md said:
What is involved with adding a Navman fuel sensor?
The readout Iart I can do easily and have no problem making holes .
I was wondering about the fuel lines etc.

The fuel transducer must be vertical to work correctly, so look carefully at your fuel line to determine the best place to put the transducer.

Once you've found the right place, simply cut the line, install the transducer, and then secure the transducer so it doesn't bounce around.
Here is how I mounted mine.

Image-5C4CB30C4F5411DB.jpg

FWIW between my brother and I, we run 3 Navman fuel computers and they have proven to be BULLET PROOF! One is a dual-motor install (twin 150hps) and the others are on a 40hp and then another 225hp V6.

Thank you for the replies.This will be my next upgrade as soon as I get a chance :D
Our fuel gauge jumps all over the place and that blinking last bar makes me nervous even tho I know there is plenty of fuel to get back to the slip.

Back