Fuel squirt when filling

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike D.

Reaction score
Not sure if this is bad or not so maybe someone can clarify. Everytime I fill my 2006 2120 I get fuel squirting out the vent. I can hear it coming up but if I’m not fast on the handle it happens. I always refill my tank to the top after I run it, because I heard it keeps corrosion down in the tank if there is no air inside. Is this bad, should it be happening?

Thanks!

Not sure if this is bad or not so maybe someone can clarify. Everytime I fill my 2006 2120 I get fuel squirting out the vent. I can hear it coming up but if I’m not fast on the handle it happens. I always refill my tank to the top after I run it, because I heard it keeps corrosion down in the tank if there is no air inside. Is this bad, should it be happening?

Thanks!

Spilling fuel out of the vent certainly is not a good-thing, especially if you're fueling with the boat in the water at a marina. (yes it is illegal, but I'll bet it happens a lot!). The pumps at our marinas do not auto-stop like the pumps at the shore-side gas stations. We have a similar issue with our 2520, but I've gotten used to listening and stop it before it overflows... Here's a simple item that may help. I've never used one myself, and it doesn't receive all 'rave reviews' but have seem/heard one 'live' in action a couple years go..... Here's one from Defender, and West Marine. West Marine is 50% more expensive for the same item.
1660850479042.png
1660850109447.png

Last edited:
Mike D,
My 1800 is trailered and does the same thing sometimes. I usually try to estimate how much fuel I used and just slow down the fill when I think I'm close. Thats when I start to listen closely. I've noticed a difference depending on which way I pull up to the pump. I believe its from a slight slope in the pavement. The boat is tilted up slightly one way and slightly down the other way.

While filling at the end of a trip and letting it sit....usually results in expansion and contraction.....This results a lot of times as fuel burping out the vent also.

Back