Fuel starvation issue

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawgs

Reaction score
1995 2520...2003 Honda 225....I'm having fuel starvation issues. It high rpm the ball collapses and the motor boggs down. I replaced all the lines from the motor to the tank. I switched from 1 existing pickup to the other existing pickup. Same result. I'm sure it's possible that both pickups are clogged. But what's the likely hood? The pickups look pretty corroded so I'm not even sure how to get them out

Items to check first

Vent is clear?
Primer bulb is vertical? . Better ones have 2 valves
Fuel filter replaced?
Fuel hose in rigging hose makes approx 90 degree hard turn into motor cowling. Good place to kink like a garden hose.

Other possibilities
Anti siphon valve clogged.. You should be able to remove it since it screws until the side of pickup . Be sure to use 2 wrenches and favorite lubricant spray

Fuel pickup tube has a screen on the tube bottom and it is becoming clogged

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vent is clear
Bulb is not vertical but never was
Fuel filter a few months old
Seperator a few months old
Vent is clear
Anti siphon brand new
Unknown about the pick up screen. I'm afraid to remove the pickup

yes .. started when full. 1/2 now and still does it

high pressure fuel filter hasn't been changed yet

To Troubleshoot this.

Hook the motor to a portable tank......This will eliminate all the plumbing in the boat. This way.....You will know to dive in the motor....or dive in the fuel supply system.

Didn't get a chance to take it for a ride yet but the pick up came right out and was clean. Nothing left on the tank side of the ball. Looks like its the motor side. Filters?

ok went to change the high pressure filter. When i went to remove the cover all 3 screws were pretty loose. Replaced the filter and tightened it up. Ill take it for a ride later fingers crossed

Dawgs":3osycyeg said:
ok went to change the high pressure filter. When i went to remove the cover all 3 screws were pretty loose. Replaced the filter and tightened it up. Ill take it for a ride later fingers crossed

That o ring on the high pressure fuel filter cover should be changed every time the filter is changed. Those o rings are notorious for causing issues on the Honda’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious if you found a resolution as I’ve been dealing with the same exact issue.

20 hours later I’ve replaced fuel lines, vent lines, fuel water separators and the upper housing, primer bulb, pick up tube/ anti syphon valve etc. The only thing left is a fuel pump.

FWIW- Put a bore scope in my tank and noticed 2 circular white plastic/gaskets that you would find under the cap of Stabil or Startron fuel stabilizer.

The pick up tube would occasionally grab one and shut my motor down.

If the ball is shrinking down it has to be on the fuel tank side-something is clogging pick up or vent is clogged. It sounds like you changed up but there is always a chance you a got a bad one. Put a new one on and make sure arrow is pointing up and towards engine.

If it is calm run with with the gas cap off or cracked for a while to allow air into tank- see if it happens again. if it doesnt happen vent is clogged somewhere.

Back