Fuel tank hull vent fitting

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greenwood, Indiana & Charlotte Harbor, Florida
I have the one in pic which I assume is the OEM except my has 90 deg elbow
Is there a better one?
I had my tank cleaned and pumped out today, and noticed vent hose doesn’t have a loop or it broke free over time. I am replacing the entire hose which I assume is 5/8 diameter and now is a good time to upgrade fitting, if worth the candle.

thanks

Attachments

• 513948E5-0C1C-4762-ADE3-E1DA151836A1.jpeg
    513948E5-0C1C-4762-ADE3-E1DA151836A1.jpeg
    35.7 KB · Views: 8
I see.

I need a SS fitting with a straight pipe then add a P trap then attach vent hose
Not necessarily. I use the Gemlux 90 degree flush mount vents, and install them with the elbow pointing straight up. The vent hose therefore creates a "U" shape as it goes up, then bends back down to go down into the tank. Makes it VERY difficult for any water to make it up the hose and into the tank.

This......is what you need.... P-Trap 5/8

It is used in conjunction with this....https://gemlux.com/collections/all/products/908

The flush style like this will not get snagged on things.....It takes a larger hole in the side of the boat...I prefer it to the other unit that sticks out.

I had one on my Mako.....It was a hard item to find way back then.....It;s a neat item and has a Lot of adjustability in it.

Now you need the P Trap....... The unit you have........The stem points UP......When the P Trap is installed It attaches to the stem pointing UP and P Trap points DOWN. Then vent hose attaches there. This stops a wave from hitting the side of the boat and dumping water down and into the fuel tank. While You "Could" put a 90deg bend in the fuel hose to come into the Vent with the stem of it pointing UP.....There typically is not enough room, hence the use of the P Trap.

Now you need the P Trap....... The unit you have........The stem points UP......When the P Trap is installed It attaches to the stem pointing UP and P Trap points DOWN. Then vent hose attaches there. This stops a wave from hitting the side of the boat and dumping water down and into the fuel tank. While You "Could" put a 90deg bend in the fuel hose to come into the Vent with the stem of it pointing UP.....There typically is not enough room, hence the use of the P Trap.

Mine had plenty of room for the 180 degree bend without stressing the hose. P-trap is probably a better option in most cases, but check out your installation area. It’s not necessarily a show stopper if you can’t get one.

Back