Fuel Tank Manufacturer

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings All ~ Does anyone know who was manufacturing gas tanks for Parker in the mid-nineties? I need to replace fuel senders, and it would help greatly to know who built the tanks. I can't tell from the sticker, but perhaps one of you more tech-savvy owners can... THX and Happy Parkering! ~ Buzz (NH)

3C62C38A-8852-4F48-A0F3-7F5B2054855B_1_105_c.jpeg

No problems at all after almost 25 years. The key is to keep an eye on the deck plate o-rings to keep water out and I spray the top of the tank with 6-56 every year during winterizing.

You do Not need to contact them.

First.....clean the tank around the sender and top of sender. Then use a Sharpie and put a witness mark on sender and tank.......Sender ONLY goes in tank correctly 1 way....Witness mark helps realign sender.
Remover sender......Measure tank depth. Then order one of these for the proper depth. This is a Reed style sender. Reed Style | Moeller Marine

You will more than likely have a swing arm style in there....Those go bad all the time from fuel slosh.....

Thx - really appreciate the replies. Yes, I've pulled the port reed sender, and found both West Marine and Hamilton Marine (NH) have them in stock. Replacing both today, and hope that does it...

640B551E-0F98-4A45-9B9F-1845375038F2_1_105_c.jpeg

Do you know how to test the system........BEFORE you spend $ ?

There may be a switch that you have to flip.....If you have 1 gauge and 2 tanks. Thats the way mine was till I removed it and installed 2 gauges.

With the ign key ON......You remove the sender wire [Pink] and GND it.....Gauge should sweep all the way to FULL. If it does that? You have tested the wiring and the gauge and the Sender is bad.

Latest posts

Back