Fuel usage question for 2510

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishmanjs

Reaction score
I purchased 2 mos ago a 2008 2510 with a Yamaha F250. My fuel meter shows at best 1.8 mpg.
Can someone please advise if that is about right? Thought I'd be getting more. And this is on calm days, only myself onboard.

Thanks!

Assuming the gauge is accurate that does not sound unreasonable. Good luck..

It's close...BUT! I bet it could use the motor raised....That will free it up .....and your milage number will go Up too.

I have never understood why so many boat manufactures and or dealers sell their rigs so seriously underpowered and Parker seems to be one of the worst to do so. I don't care if you run a yami, zuk, opti, etec or what when you are only a little over half of the rated HP you are not going to run very efficient and I my opinion not safe if you get caught in rough seas. I know from personal experience with a buddies Parker he went from a 250FS Yami to twin 200 hp. Not only did his mileage go from the 1.8ish range to over 2mpg the boat handled the seas in rough conditions so much better. With the 250 if we were caught in rough conditions and the boat was in the trough between swells the boat really labored to get back on top. Not the case at all with the twins.

I have never understood why so many boat manufactures and or dealers sell their rigs so seriously underpowered

" Entry Level" To get unsuspecting people into a boat that don't know any better!

warthog5":2og38pts said:
It's close...BUT! I bet it could use the motor raised....That will free it up .....and your milage number will go Up too.

^^^^^. This. ^^^^^.

Back