FUEL WATER SEPARATOR QUESTION

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptBeach

Reaction score
Ran into a water in fuel situation with the Parker, Water in fuel alarm on the Suzuki SMIS gauge. Sure enough when I pulled the filter it was full of water. The filter under the cowling had a about 3-4 tablespoons of water in it. Drained the filter into a mason jar about an inch of gas at the top. Screwed old filter back on primed with bulb, started motor ran and alarm came back, repeated steps about 3 more times until the alarm cleared itself (read it was self learning) Everything seems good now but I want to replace the filter/separator with a Racor style with the clear bowl on the bottom so I can visually monitor it. The problem I'm running into is finding the right one. Right now its a Yamaha MAR MEL10-00-00 filter with an 11/16th threaded filter. I cannot find a RACOR or other filter that fits this thread pattern. Maybe someones Google Fu is better than mine. Maybe someone has run into this before.

You don't need one that Fits the thread pattern. You replace the WHOLE thing with a Stainless Head unit.....NOT a Powdered coated alum unit.
Why? Because it will look like dog crap in 2 to 3 years and the Stainless unit will still look brand new.

I did the research for you... Here is the best deal. Just order extra filters.... Mark the date it was changed.... Normal is change them once a year. Sounds like you have excess water in your fuel tank?

Mount it in a good location so the site glass can be seen and accessed.....a feat not always easy.

https://mvpextreme.com/products/fue...MI5KDo08aJggMVyH9MCh2NNgZLEAQYBCABEgKU8vD_BwE

Yes. I think I will do just that when I pull it out in a few weeks. Tank is slam full has been for a couple of months (wife got cancer, been a little preoccupied) l think its getting in theu the fuel fill, lots if rain here lately.

OK.... Sorry about your Wifey. :( Are you putting Ethanol Fuel in it? ... And how long has it sat?

Non ethanol 93 octane. 129 gallons last time I filled it, mid to late August. And the fuel filter water separator flange is stainless. Hate to replace stainless with stainless just to get a filter to fit. Think I'm going to call Racor tomorrow.

If It's Stainless already... Then no need to replace it.

There is a filter available for it.
I'm guessing it has one of those Big Blue Yamaha filters on it now?

Lil research and help here and I landed on Racor S3213. Screwed right on 11/16th x 16 threads. Amazon truck landed them on my doorstep today. Already mounted and primed. Thanks guys.

Racor rep stated that plastic fuel bowls beneath deck is noncompliant ( Coast Guard ). That’s what he said,
Not only that, the rubber seal between the filter and clear bowl will eventually dry out and cause the bowl to either leak fuel externally or to 'suck' air internally. May be okay if you replace the seal every year.

Yea... That is possibe..... I've never seen it.... BUT New seals come with the filters and I change mine once a year. Write the date on the filter using a Sharpie after filter is installed where That date can be seen.

Back