Fuel Water Seperator Indicator Question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian S

Reaction score
I went to a clear bowl on my filter a while back, and the indicator guage is sitting on my dash not in use. I was wondering if there is a way I can wire it to my bilge switch...so the buzzer would go off when the float switch is activated. It would save me from installing a high water alarm. Has anyone done this?

a20eba16.jpg

A high water alarm (in the bilge) is completely separate, and completely different from a Racor fuel/water separator water alarm.
They are two very different things.

Are you looking to get an alarm when your fuel/water separator needs to be tended to?

Megabyte":mqomwv2p said:
A high water alarm (in the bilge) is completely separate, and completely different from a Racor fuel/water separator water alarm.
They are two very different things.

Are you looking to get an alarm when your fuel/water separator needs to be tended to?

This fuel/water seperator alarm used to work, but I disconnected it when I went to a clear bowl. The indicator is just sitting in my dash, I was wondering if I could rig it to buzz and light up when wired to the float switch. This would change its purpose from a fuel/water alarm to a high water alarm. I'm wondering if it would work, I guess I could just wire it to the bilge switch and find out. Other solution is to pull it out and replace it with an actual high water alarm.

Brian S":2tczwe4f said:
This fuel/water seperator alarm used to work, but I disconnected it when I went to a clear bowl. The indicator is just sitting in my dash, I was wondering if I could rig it to buzz and light up when wired to the float switch. This would change its purpose from a fuel/water alarm to a high water alarm. I'm wondering if it would work, I guess I could just wire it to the bilge switch and find out. Other solution is to pull it out and replace it with an actual high water alarm.

Gotcha.
I understand what you are trying to do now. :wink:

Back