Furuno 1722c opinions and installation ideas

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBH2OMan

Reaction score
I have a line on a "gently used" Furuno 1722c radar with dome, cables, and card for less than 1/2 original price. I really like the features and price point of the 1724 units and assume that I'm not giving up much buying one of the previous models.

Any opinions on this particular unit?

Also, how are most of you installing your domes? I want to keep the roof clear so I can mount kayak/surf racks. Is a mast the way to go, with a stalk for the GPS receiver?

Are there any tricks to installing radar, or is it just a matter of having the dome level to the water while underway and with an uninstructed view?

Does anyone have recommendations for a mount for an 18" dome?

Thanks!

Brent

Most of the So Cal boats have been assembled in San Diego in recent years. They have used like a 18" white stanchion to elevate the dome slightly. Here is a photo of my setup. I have the same equipment and I love it. I do need a new card as I leave San Diego heading into Mexico I loose detail data as it is the edge of my card.

I cant figure the photo deal.....

paste this URL:

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/ ... arker1.jpg

I have that set up and love it,. would like a bigger screen, but it works flawless and I too have my dome raised ! Will try to attach pic

Attachments

• t1.JPG
    t1.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 118
Nice pic!!

My dome is raised too.

Base2.jpg

Thanks guys. Any thoughts about mounting my remote control spotlight on a "platform" that is part of the radar mount? Here's the sort of thing I'm thinking about:
!Bbwg2tw!mk~$(KGrHqUH-DMEr!)CLKcNBK)hNdYk9Q~~_12.JPG

You're going to get glare off the deck and rails, The flood you see on mine is good to lite up the deck but not much else.

Best place for spot like that is on the pulpit.

Bryan 2530":2izfgjmf said:
You're going to get glare off the deck and rails, The flood you see on mine is good to lite up the deck but not much else.

Best place for spot like that is on the pulpit.

So I've heard, but it seems like a real pain to re-wire it and it would also seem like it would take a lot of saltwater spray up there and break down a lot quicker.

Hmm.. OK, that settles it - I'll leave the spot where it is (dead center of the roof) and move it to the pulpit later. That saves me the trouble of mounting it to the radar platform for now.. :)

Now my options are whether to do a 10", 12", or 14" rise... (forward lean, of course)

Unless you can mount the spot obove the radar, like where my GPS dome is.

Some one on this site did that and posted pictures, maybe you can find it with a search. There are alot of posts about roof mounted spotlights.

Anyone have a suggestion for a good splicing block that I can use to splice all the wires? I'll probably put it inside the electronics cabinet behind "dash".

Back