Garmin 740 touch screen

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tara11

Reaction score
Hi all,
I currently have the Furuno 7000 GPS and the Furuno 1723 Radar/Gps overlay, I saw this Garmin 740 touch screen and love it, and I want one, but I also like the set up I already have, the Garmin has pretty cool looking graphics compaired to the boring looking Furuno, but all my units work flawless, anyone have this Garmin unit and what do you think of it, I can get the unit for around 1400 new, but then I would need the external antenna and whatever cards needed to have all the bells and whistles , sorry about my spelling, but on this Macbook it is not so easy to correct the spelling !

Just read the post already on this unit, but still interested in feed back !

I will stick with all Furuno, looks cool also ! But they are bullet proof and work perfect, so I will wait till we get a biger boat, and that will nmot be any time soon !

Garmin 740 does not need an external antenna. It comes with a built-in antenna that works fine. Maps are preloaded as well.

Awesome unit. I replaced a Furuno 1650 and installed the 740. Much larger display and amazing chart detail for the same size footprint.

Attachments

• P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 95
That is the picture that gave me the idea, then we went and looked at it( my son and I) and it is a cool unit, but money is tight and there is nothing wrong with our Furuno, so for now I will hold off, how good does that internal antenna work with the unit buried in the dash ? I know on my really old Garmin with a built in antenna it looked like a nipple sticking out the corner and sometimes had a hard time getting a signal, but if I ever get it, may, I would mount an antenna, thanks though !

No need for external antenna. I was not sure myself but it lock on to a full signal no problem.

Back