• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parts For Sale GARMIN GPSmap 1040XS For Sale

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psantinelli

Reaction score
Complete Garmin GPSMaps 1040xs Chartplotter/Sonar
Just removed this from my 2015 23SE to upgrade to a 12" Garmin 1242XVS. The unit is complete with sonar and wiring and fully operational.
Retails for $1500 - https://www.firstchoicemarine.com/.../garmin-gpsmap...
$500 firm - includes ground shipping.
Payment via Venmo or Paypal

10-inch Chartplotter/Sonar Combo Is All-in-1 Solution
10-inch color display with keypad interface and multifunction control knob
Includes transducer - GT20TM
Preloaded U.S. LakeVü HD maps and BlueChart® g3 charts
High-sensitivity internal 10 Hz GPS and GLONASS receiver
Built-in single channel CHIRP sonar

For more information, you can check the Garmin link - GPSMAP 1040xs | Garmin527 - 1.jpeg

Attachments

• 527 - 1 (3).jpeg
    527 - 1 (3).jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 10
  • 527 - 1 (2).jpeg
    527 - 1 (2).jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 10
  • 527 - 1 (1).jpeg
    527 - 1 (1).jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 9
Wow your first post and trying to sell a chart plotter. How original.

I just had this removed this from my 2015 Parker 23SE and thought I would offer it up to someone in this group. Considering the unit is currently selling for $1600 on marine sites, I thought maybe someone here might need or can use one at < 33% of the price of those online. Sorry if I violated your "code of orginiality."

I just had this removed this from my 2015 Parker 23SE and thought I would offer it up to someone in this group. Considering the unit is currently selling for $1600 on marine sites, I thought maybe someone here might need or can use one at < 33% of the price of those online. Sorry if I violated your "code of orginiality."

There are many scammers on these sites.

Typically the first post they make is a MfD for sale.

Thanks for the explanation... that isn't the case here. I love the Garmin and wanted a larger display and some additional functionality on the 23SE. So, I upgraded to the 1242xsv. I would have gone 8616xsv... but the cost for the 4" seems egregious ($6000).

I just posted in the "new member" forum... I missed that memo.

Reactions: A-K
Welcome to CP! Many other fishing and boating sites and experiencing scammers. Sorry I over reacted.

I have the 1040xs and the 8610xsv.

while the 1040xs is a great MFD for its time.

The 8610xsv can fire 3 transducers.

I have 2 each 1kw chirp ducers tied into mine.

The 8610 xsv can auto chart a route with my auto pilot, where the 1040xs can not only head on a bearing.

But I like the 1040xs with my radar overlay. I typically run my boat with the 1040 (except auto plotting a route) and use my 8610 for my transducer.

Last edited:
Hi psantinelli, Welcome to CP!.... I have a 2014 Garmin 1040XS, and I love it; it's an amazing GPS/MFD/RADAR/SONAR, computer, etc!....
To me, who was used to 1990's-era electronics, this Garmin is a miracle-machine, and so very easy/logical to use. The radar overlay is fantastic, and I have yet to understand all the amazing depth/sonar features.... I wish you well with the sale; it is a bargain for what you are asking...

The good news is... The 1040xs went to a new home today for a boat on Lake of the Ozarks.

I'm looking forward to using the 1242xsv that was just installed on the Parker. Was hoping to get some lake time this weekend, but the weather has turned cold again and the crappie quit biting.

I was hoping to get the weather overlay on the radar, but the SiriusXM module cost and monthly seems crazy for weather radar! I guess I will continue to use "my radar" on the iphone and keep the vhf radio tuned to the weather station.

Back