gas stabilizer ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdbic

Reaction score
Can regular stabilizer be used in the boat for out board or does it really make a big difference using marine stabilizer? The gas will only sit for a few weeks. I have some left over from storing a generator.

I use VALV-TECH because my marina has it mixed in fuel. I have also used Statron in the blue bottle they make a treatment for eathanol gas, thats what I would use if I was buying from a gas station. My marina sells 89 oct no ethynol gas. I store my boat Nov to April , I fill up when I take the boat out for the winter, ready to go in April

I used Ringfree+ and Stabile "red" for over 20 yrs like religion
I put it in every time I refueled
Three years ago I got a case of fuel separation
Gunked up one pick up tube and all my filters
Cleaned up the mess
And now I use the Stable Marine "blue"
Also with Ringfree+ every fill up
So far three seasons no problems
We have ethanol gas only here in Ma.

Q: What is the difference between STA-BIl Fuel Stabilizer, Marine Formula STA-BIL, and the new STA-BIL Ethanol Treatment products?
A: STA-BIL® Fuel Stabilizer is designed for use during STORAGE of any gasoline equipment or vehicle stored for 30 days or more, or used infrequently. It will keep gas fresh for 12 months, and help prevent corrosion, and gum and varnish formation. It is effective in all gasolines, including Ethanol blends, including E-85.
Marine Formula STA-BIL® Ethanol Treatment was designed for use at every fill up for marine engines (boats, jetskis) to protect against the damaging effects experienced when using Ethanol blended fuels -- including corrosion caused by water attraction, and fuel system plugging caused by deposit loosening.
New STA-BIL Ethanol Treatment is designed for use at every fill up for all gasoline automotive and small engines for protection against these same problems.

m2cw is use the stuff you have

Yama Ring Free and Stabil Marine, blue, 4 seasons nada problems so far. Yes, I troll a good bit of time too.

Back