GAS TANK

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did it the hard way. cheap 3 dollar siphon from the hardware store, went in through the fuel sending unit fitting and just let it drain into 5 gallon tanks. I had three 5 gallon tanks. I filled up my excursion, minivan, uncles car, mom's car, etc. It took a couple hours to remove about 60-70 gallons. Good luck and I hope your situation improves - I've had a few setbacks too.

See this thread
http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB2/vie ... highlight=

I bought one from [email protected], item NE4

I was ready to buy it online after registering online as a new customer but changed my mind. The next day I received a 10% off discount code b/c they thought I had a problem with their store. I didn't and used it
It is towing service supply company and their catalog is a good read
You can use your existing fuel line and had some addtl line to siphon or pump outside of the boat or attach a manual pump to the line at the tank

good luck and be safe
That is a lot gas
We removed 80 gals from an old boat after a hurricane and by gravity siphon and the fumes were high and now I have a mask matched to the task
We could only siphon 20 gals into tanks then off to recycle center. It took several hours and it was 95 in the shade

I am sorry to hear the hard times and hope conditions improves

The best pump is the Beckson Siphon Mate which is made for transferring fuel. I have done this a bunch of times. Just go to the deckplate and remove the sending unit (5 screws) and put the hose down in the bottom corner of the tank and tywrap it to a wooden dowel rod to hold it in place. You prime the pump and it will suck it out quick. Nice thing about this pump is you push the handle in when you want to stop the flow, and you can come back later and pull the handle back out and it will resume the draining. you can empty the tank pretty quickly like this and this gives you a chance to get it all out and then clean the tank at the bottom where the last bit of fuel was. I usually throw about 5 full size paper towels in the tank via the sending unit hole and take the dowel rod and stir around the tank to dry it up and get any debris and pull them out one by one with a flexible grabber tool.

Gets the tank spot clean for the next season. I am getting ready to do this to my 21 Parker this weekend.

I bought one from [email protected], item NE4
This is a Beckson model 9 A
http://www.awdirect.com/self-priming-si ... s-and-acc/

just a fyi and m2cw

Hi Brent,

We don’t recommend any of our pumps for gasoline transfer.

Bests,

John

---------------------------------

John Boucher

Beckson 165 Holland Ave Bridgeport, CT 06605

tel: 203.333.1412 fax: 203.384.6954

Available Monday thru Thursday

Closed Dec 24th to Jan 4th, 2010

If you're going to the trouble of removing the fuel sender plate, a siphon works slick! No need to buy a special pump.

Just a word of caution, be careful using copper in an aluminum fuel tank. The aluminum is less nobel and if the copper touches it, there will be a hole in the tank. :cry:

Plastic tank would be OK.

I went to a local auto parts store and bought a generic after market fuel pump (I think about $20.00). I ran two pieces of clear hose (so I could see what was being pumped) and a VERY long wiring setup. I did not want any chance of spark near the fuel tank.

Works great.

Another point. I had about 50 gallons which I "donated" to a local guy that mows lawns. He was very happy to get it and came to pick it up.

I still have the pump set up if you are anywhere near Stafford VA I'd be more than happy to let you use it.

Back