Generator Preference

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flycatcher

Reaction score
Would like to hear from some of you that have generators on-board. I am looking to purchase one. I have seen a number of posts and the honda 1000 and 2000's seem popular. I am also looking at the Yanaha EF2400iSC and the Husqvarna 420GN...the honda seems to be the smallest and lightest of the models but also has the least amount wattage...the Husqvarna would be the least expensive for me and has the greatest output but is larger and heavier...any thoughts, idle or otherwise wold be appreciated....Thanks!

Steve

anything less than a Honda 2000 or comparable will disappoint you , we tried a Honda 1000 , will not work a microwave, 2000 or stronger ! We have a 2000 !

I have a Honda 2000, just used it for the first time last night, looks like it is going to work out well.

The Honda 2000 and the Yamaha 2400 are both good generators.

If I had to choose I would go with the Yamaha 2400 for the increase in rated amperage and most importantly the surge capacity.

Flycatcher":pvqffsmq said:
Would like to hear from some of you that have generators on-board. I am looking to purchase one. I have seen a number of posts and the honda 1000 and 2000's seem popular. I am also looking at the Yanaha EF2400iSC and the Husqvarna 420GN...the honda seems to be the smallest and lightest of the models but also has the least amount wattage...the Husqvarna would be the least expensive for me and has the greatest output but is larger and heavier...any thoughts, idle or otherwise wold be appreciated....Thanks!

Steve

I checked out the Husqvarna today ... too big and "seemed" louder than the other models....

I keep mine covered, the little outboard cover for about 20 or less fits perfect, and we keep it in the pilot house or under the gunwell, when in use I strap it on the back of the boat, but it also depends on the wind direction, I like the exhust to head away :)

I found the best spot was on the bow, strapped right on top of the anchor line locker. Honda's are quiet anyway, but with the eco throttle on, and being up there, you barely know it is on.

Back