Good Bye to the Fluke Season

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meat Without Feet

Reaction score
But I have to say, even though minimum size was 20.5", we had a fabulous season. Absolutely Fabulous.

Loads of Quality Fish and loads of fun

I think were gonna need a bigger freezer...........

Best to all,

MWF

MWF, yes fluke season ends for NJ this weekend too. Great time to have a Tropical Storm heading in our direction. So, I guess I won't get out this weekend. Glad to hear you had a good season. Here in NJ (Delaware Bay) it was more shorts than keepers. Our regs are 18" and 8 fish per man. May be next year it wll be better. Here's hoping! Tight Lines nad Fair Winds.

Yea. They did a great Job of sticking it to us this year. I never seen so many reports on short fluke.. Up North they did Ok. Just ok. but South... they basically closed the season on us :(

was my best fluke season yet. it gets better every year for me, despite bigger minimums etc.

hope to see a drop in min size in 09! (yea right)

Yea it stinks that fluke season is over in N.Y i had a great season catching alot of keeper fluke,there def. was alot of throw back shorts i can tell you that,i think the Dept. Of Enviromental Conservation has to keep these size all the same across the board,in New Jersey fish can be shorter then N.Y and fish per. person is different,i have fished N.J. waters few times this year and had to cook my fish rite on he grill out on water before coming back into N.Y. waters and taking the chance of the DEC boarding me and getting that $250 ticket!!!HaHaHa!!!Not that i would be stopping if i seen them thats why i guess you have a bucket with then it it and just dump it over board!!!Hey we all have to eat!!!!HaHaHa

A few more days for the fluke here in RI. They are thinning out along the Southern RI beaches. Best place now is around Block Island.
Togs are comming in. Only 3 / person til the middle of Oct, then it goes up. Shaping up to be a good tog season. We have already been catching 22"+ fish. I haven't seen any of the fat alberts / bonito that we had in the harbor last year. We had 3 weeks of fast action last year
right inside the harbor of refuge. And we are waiting for the fall run of bfts in the Mud Hole east of Block Island. No bfts last year for us, but
some bonito at the 50' - 70' level of the tuna baits. My two sons picked up 5 bfts in one morning east of Chatham MA a few months ago. Took one 56 incher home and tagged the rest. Great sushi.

Hope all have had a good season so far, and there is still more to come.
Regards, Paul

Back