"GOOD" windlass install complete pics

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scalywag05

Reaction score
Finally got her installed and in the water....its like having a new boat!! It was a lot of work but i am very happy with how it came out and how it performs. Definitely worth the $$$

Attachments

• smaller IMG_0711.jpg
    smaller IMG_0711.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 1,105
  • smakller IMG_0709.jpg
    smakller IMG_0709.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 1,101
  • smaller IMG_0710.jpg
    smaller IMG_0710.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1,101
None that I can notice. I really cant believe how good the thing works. I am very impressed. Everything is through bolted with 1-1/2 fender washers. The starboard is 3/4 inch. The design for this install is from Tom at Good windlass. Everything you see is installed to his spec. The only thing i changed was i added the "wings" on the starboard to match the contours of the boat. It pulls the 13 lb anchor up with ease.

Why didn't you get the GOOD roller? I don't have the good windlass because it wasn't in my budget at the time, but the roller was. It works great and be taken off.

This is what the guys at good recomended. A windline urm-3. What does the good roller look like and what makes it special. I am sure if the guys at good thought their roller would have been better they would have sold me one!

Any link to GOOD :?: ? And what makes them so .... ahhhhh, 'good'?

I've always stayed from other brands, as I hear far too many 'doesn't work so well 3+ years down the road' stories or laments for me to inve$t the change ...

Dale what model are you using?? Cant see from your profile picture.

www.goodwindlass.com is the website. The rollers they sell are all of the pivoting type....they look a little fugly to me. I like a more classic simple look.

Just be careful retrieving the anchor in rough water,otherwise you might risk getting a chip or two in your gelcoat. :shock:

Here is the Good roller I have. There is one that looks like this one but it's longer, doesn't come off like this one. They both pivot to let the anchor out easier.

Attachments

• pulpit 003 (Small).jpg
    pulpit 003 (Small).jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 796
  • pulpit 004 (Small).jpg
    pulpit 004 (Small).jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 795

Latest posts

Back