Got a little carried away.....

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seaotter

Reaction score
Well my 2004 2520XL was stolen a little over a year ago. :( They recovered it on the side of the road three days later comletely stripped down. I got it home and decided, What the heck?....so I did a little remodeling.....

Actually i'm pretty pleased with the way everything came out. It's a lot more functional and a lot more space. The price was all the aggravation and missing a year on the water.

Attachments

• Parker5.jpg
    Parker5.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1,876
  • Parker2.jpg
    Parker2.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 1,876
  • Parker9.jpg
    Parker9.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 1,876
  • Parker13.jpg
    Parker13.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,876
  • Parker18.jpg
    Parker18.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,876
  • parker10.jpg
    parker10.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,876
NICE JOB!!!!!!!

I was toying with the idea of a Teak and Holly sole. I figuered it was a matter of time before someone here tried it. Very Cool.

Good way to make lemonade out of lemons.

Can you tell us a little about the Flat screen you have there?

That is absolutely beautiful. Inspirational!! The teak decks are over the top. The best Parker retro I have seen in a long time.

Ooohhhhhhhhhhhh ... teak & holly sole ... Mongo likes :D !

DaleH":3fn1jknk said:
Ooohhhhhhhhhhhh ... teak & holly sole ... Mongo likes :D !

I'm with you brother!
Details Seaotter, we need details! :)

Thanks guys...

The drain is still there...i'm still looking for a stainless drain cover to fit...I was thinking about a standard one used in a shower but they are too small. The T.V. is a Skyworth 19' HD AC/DC LCD/DVD combo. This is a marine t.v. and I have it secured on a VESA mount and hooked into the stereo. It works awesome! The neat thing about it is I can quickly disconnect it and because it is AC also and comes with a stand, I can use it at home. This is actually available at Target on line. Here is the link:

http://www.target.com/Skyworth-LCD-DVD- ... rth&page=1

One thing about putting that floor in, the adhesive they give you to use is NO JOKE. you need to lay it right the first time and it is a two man job! My son and I joked about the fact that if the boat is ever stolen again, they won't be getting the floor!

Here are some pics of the boat after it was recovered. My wife and I keep our boat in pristine condition so needless to say we were heartbroken when we saw it. The black stuff is finger print powder which took us MONTHS to get out. I can understand trying to get prints but I can't understand why they did what they did.

Attachments

• stolen1.jpg
    stolen1.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,764
  • Stolen3.jpg
    Stolen3.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,764
  • Stolen4.jpg
    Stolen4.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,764
  • Stolen5.jpg
    Stolen5.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,764
  • Stolen6.jpg
    Stolen6.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,764
  • Stolen7.jpg
    Stolen7.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,764
Some additional stolen pics

Attachments

• Stolen8.jpg
    Stolen8.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,754
  • stolen9.jpg
    stolen9.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,754
  • Stolen10.jpg
    Stolen10.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,755
  • Stolen11.jpg
    Stolen11.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,754
It's sickening to see the damage. But that is a beautiful job on the restoration.

Supprised they didn't take the Armstrong bracket with the engine. :eek:

You have something there to be very proud of! You will enjoy it much more next year. Here is my giant pat on the back, and congratulations on your craftmanship.

As a harbormaster, I have seen many hulks that have been destroyed by nature or man, but few so nicely done back to their former glory.

Now are you going to rename it "Phoenix"? HAhaha!! :lol:

Like TimC2520 asked:
Did they ever catch the scumbag(s) who stole it?
Yeah did the authorities catch the bas&a%d$ that did this?

Holy Tolededo ... replace the black fingerprint marks with brown dirt ... and that looks to be the same condition I bought my empty hull! It was totally vandalized, with everything broken or cut, rather than stolen. The only things not broken when I bought my 'big girl' was the hull, the windows ... and her spirit!

That looks great.. I only wish I could do that type of work.

Hope they caught the guy's who stole in the first place.

SeaOtter - You are officially my HERO. Your boat is amazing....Post more pictures of the seat on the port side.

:shock: :shock:
Extreme Makeover, The ClassicParker Edition!

If someone had tried to explain this to me, I wouldn't have believed it.

A truly inspirational labor of love.

Thanks for sharing. (We of course will need all the details you can share with us!)

Your Parker is a beauty. I only hope that my boat looks as good at 18 yrs old. I'm so sorry that some low down dog violated your property like that...Sometimes vigilantism crosses my mind.......
Good boating.

Thanks for the wonderful compliments...

There have been no arrests made. We initially had the boat at a marina, but they raised the prices so much we decided to trailer it and keep it in a storage facility. I tried to do everything right security wise. The place was well lit, fenced in, electronically coded gates. I had a thick padlocked chain running through the tires. They cut the locks on a service gate then the chain and it was gone. After they stripped it and dumped it, they removed the front left tire I suppose to make it look like it was broken down. This apparently worked because when the trooper recovered it, a deptuty stopped by and said he had driven past it for two days! They even took the captains chair and one of the hand rails off the top of the cabin. The blessing was in that I was able to upgrade to all new electronics and power. As far as the interior goes, I made a frame for the bench seat which opens up from under the cusion for storage. the wood is all marine grade and the frame has countersunk fiberglass "feet" from which it is secured to the deck. This allows for water or liquid can easily flow through without ever touching wood. The extra space is great and is much easier access then the aft seats which I hated because they are hard to access and waste space. The exterior wood is stained Okoume marine plywood. The seats are custom made with sunbrella fabric. The seat behind the helm is actually a cooler that is secured by blocks inside the corner legs and can easily be lifted out. The cooler seat and the back rest are also custom with the same sunbrella fabric. I did all the trim work myself and used stainless hardware for everything. I used the outriggers to secure the bulkhead on the starboard side by using extra long screws to go through a fitted block and then the plywood. I used big washers to tighten the bolts down and it is perfectly hidden by the TV! The Cushions are all held in place by velcro I had sewn into the fabric. We sucked it up and are back in a marina. I guess we all know that feeling of Boat & Sea and there is nothing or no one that can break that spirit in us so we keep on keeping on!

Attachments

• Parker11.jpg
    Parker11.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 1,509
  • Parker7.jpg
    Parker7.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 1,509
NICE! One Of A Kind.

Sometimes Bad Things Happen For Good Reasons!

You probably never would have done the remodel if you didn't get forced into it. A good example of making the best of your unfortunate situation.

Back