grouper fishin sat 5-24

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommyr904

Reaction score
couple shot's of my fish from sat,i forgot the camera at the house so did not get to take any on the water.left at 6 am picked up a couple pinfish traps and headed out.stopped in 40 ft of water on one of my home made reef's and had a limit by 10.3 where 20+ pound's and broke 5 big fish off.
the boat in the picture is not the boat i was in.

Attachments

• 100_0326.jpg
    100_0326.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 147
  • 100_0327.jpg
    100_0327.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 147
  • 100_0329.jpg
    100_0329.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 147
tommyr904":3rnxkal7 said:
couple shot's of my fish from sat,i forgot the camera at the house so did not get to take any on the water.left at 6 am picked up a couple pinfish traps and headed out.stopped in 40 ft of water on one of my home made reef's and had a limit by 10.3 where 20+ pound's and broke 5 big fish off.
the boat in the picture is not the boat i was in.

i just noticed the croc i do not have any those are a buddies :D to give you and idea of the size those are size 12 crocs

Tommy:

Unbelievable catch....

What's the 411 on reef building as far as materials go. I've heard of everything from wayward metal shopping carts to cinder blocks.........what's your secret? :p

this one is a 18 foot boat and about 50 toilet's to weigh it down.the main thing is not to make it to big as the jewfish will homestead it and no grouper are gonna hang with a jewfish.i had several of these and lost a few during Katrina.one was a 55 ft wooden shrimp boat in 45 ft of water i have not found it since

Toilets are a great idea. They should be easy enough to transport. The shape would be perfect for attracting the smaller bait fish and other marine life. I suppose I would need to clean them up pretty good before taking them on the boat though.

i'm a plumber so i alway's replace them.i just hold on to them and fill a boat full of them then haul it out.with a boat size really don't matter it just has to be heavy.

Jim, If I knew you were interested in creating your own reef I would have turned you on to my buddy who was looking to get $500 for his 26 ft sailboat. I would have split it with you, we could have towed it out and scuttled her. She was clean, no fuel, no head waste.

That boat recently sold but if you want to do something like that, let me know.

Nice work.. Lots of time cleaning fish. I hope you dont have bugs there :lol: (nothing worse than cleaning fish with bugs biting, especially gnats :shock: )

Back