Guidance for cutting out old fuel tank for ‘05 2120 SC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokinReels

Reaction score
Hi all,

looking to see if anyone’s tackled on the challenges of cutting the decking of a 2120 SC to remove the old tank? I have the schematic from Parker but just trying to make sure I don’t miss anything before I make my cuts. Thanks in advance!

Bump. I have an 04 2120 dvsc. I need gas tank dimensions please. And a source company for the replacement.
Thanks

Bump. I have an 04 2120 dvsc. I need gas tank dimensions please. And a source company for the replacement.
Thanks
I emailed Parker.
logo
You've got a new message
Good Morning Richard, Thank you for contacting Parker Offshore!! Going through the archives, you have an R.D.S Tank # 55185 it’s 100-gallon tank. Unfortunately, I do not have the dimensions on the tank (the stringers don’t have it nor the other diagram that I have enclosed) but I have already contacted RDS just waiting on a reply back and I also contacted our manufacturer we now use Florida Marine Tanks to see if they might have something for 100-gallon tank. RDS: www.rdsaluminum.com Florida Marine Tanks: www.floridamarinetanks.com I have enclosed the stringers and another diagram but it doesn’t show the dimensions of the gas tank. I will be in touch as soon as I hear something from either RDS or FMT. I hope this has helped some! Thank you and have a great day!! Safe travels, Parker Offshore, LLC 2570 Hwy. 101 Beaufort NC 28516 Office: (252)728-5621 Fax: (252)728-2770 Email: [email protected]

open
RDS said they can build it after 4-6 months.

Depending on which year prior to 2008ish, they used RDS, and then after 2008 it was Florida Marine Tanks. 2004 had RDS, but I got in touch with Florida Marine and they said the dimensions would be similar.

Attachments

• 100GallDimensions.pdf
    65.4 KB · Views: 13
Here's My question...... Why do you need the tank dimensions?

You pull the tank....Then send the tank to local builder...They take dimensions right off the old tank. That way it fits and things align right back up. No excuse for not fitting.

If you start making a drawing and YOU screw up a demension.... It's your Baby...and now you have something that is expensive and will not work, or it has to be modified at a greater expense of time and $$$$.

It would be more efficient to have accurate tank dimensions so that you can have a new tank fabricated and ready to go when the deck is cut open. Getting a new tank takes at least two weeks and often more like 4-6 weeks. If you can only go by the old tank, then the boat is opened up, the old tank pulled out, and the boat sits for weeks with the deck cut out while a tank is being fabricated. Requires a place for the boat to sit out of the weather, etc.

And it would also be reassuring to know that builder has their act together enough to have accurate records.

Do you have to take a part off your car and bring it to the parts store to have them match it up? Mostly, no.

That being said, I would strongly advise you to pull out the old tank to measure it before having a new tank fabricated!

Yes it would....But what ya gonna do with a tank that will not fit?

Furthmore... I don't buy tanks from the OEM manufacture...They are made the same...1/8 in material.....and then you have Shipping on top of that.

I have them built local of 3/16in , unless they are below 60 gal.

This way I can control how they are built.... 1/2in flange drilled and taped for sending unit....and not tapped thru the tank skin.........add a rear vent for FAST fuel filling, no matter if on the trailer or in the water. It get T'd into the original vent.

Back