Halibut double header

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnWired

Reaction score
2 halibut on at the same time yesterday off of Eel River Canyon in Northern California. Simultaneously gaffed both and in the boat.

65lbs and 28lbs respectively.

Headed out for a full limit (40 rockfish) and then more lingcod, a couple big ones. Epic day off of N. California.

Attachments

• hali-double-sm.jpg
    hali-double-sm.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 152
Yeah, a Halibut is just about the same. A lot of those flat fish taste similar, but the fillets on this guy are about 2-1/2 inches thick. Flaky white fish, very mild tasting... excellent eating and dense meat.

Here's another photo, just not the best quality. I'm 5'11", 175lb, so this is a great size comparison. The other one was impressive size as well, but not worth holding up.

Attachments

• halibut-chris.jpg
    halibut-chris.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 125
Yeah, that meat is soooo good. Already cooked some beer battered hali, gave a bunch to friends and family and still have 30 lbs of meat left. Definitely a lot of fillets on that thing. My beer battered hali was 2-1/2 inches thick, slower cooked and just delicious.

Dinner's at 7pm, BYOB :lol:

Nice work on the oversized flouder.

Had some halibut fillets from Alaska in my freezer a few years back - they are the best. Lemon and pepper - grille 'em up!

Needless to say - they didn't last long.

Back