Has any one flush mounted a C120 in dash of 2520?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TunaJoe

Reaction score
I'm looking at electronics and am considering the Raymarine C120. I want to flush mount it in the dash. Looks like it will be tight.
Has any one done this on a 2520 XL (2007) and what problems can I expect to encounter?
I know the suncover looks like it will have to be modified as it will hit the trimtab console.
Also, I'm thinking of the Icom 504 VHF. Thinking of mounting in the upper right corner. Pros, cons?
Thanks!

Tunajoe,
I don't have the RM but I have the Furuno 10" screen flush mounted. I have two VHF radios, one down near the throttles and the other up high in the right corner where you are thinking. I was going to mount both radios up high together but the tech that did the install said it's a bad idea because it would be hard to hear both at the same time. I usually have one on 16 to monitor and the other (upper corner) as my primary talker. You really can't see the one radio in the lower right corner (mic is visible) but you can get the idea with the screen and other radio. Randy.

Attachments

• dash view.jpg
    dash view.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 743
i tried to put it in there but it was going to be way to close to want to cut the whole so i put the ray marine c120 on the dash and the furuno navnet flush mounted in the dash

Attachments

• P1000168.JPG
    P1000168.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 719
Hey guys, thanks for the input.
The Furuno looks like it is smaller than the RM?
No question the fit is tight. I have seen a 2820 with the RM mounted and the PArker people tell me that the dash is the same size as the 2520.
I sure don't want to start cutting on the dash and find out after the hole is cut that things don't fit!

all that i could tell ya is that the furuno unit goes from corner to corner on the dash when it is recesed and the raymarine is much bigger...if i could have flush mounted it and had it come out clean i would of..lay it out before you start cutting it up have fun rigging your boat..
mike

I don't have the Ray on my boat, but I do have the 10" Garmin (2010c). I'm pretty certain the Icom 504 and the 502 are the same size. Mine is the 502 and it is mounted directly below the binnacle which is just barely visible in this photo.

Image-0B025C6E59B911DC.jpg

I have the C120 on my 2520XL and it fits just fine. Plenty of clearance from the trim switch. Sorry, no pics and the boat's away for the winter (without the RM 120 installed) so I can't get any to you anytime soon.

Thanks very much! I was ready to give up on the 120 and just go with the 80. I really want the 120 though. I was able to get hold of a template and it looks like it barely fits.
Phil, where do you have your Icom mounted?

I'd love to see a few pictures of front and behind if possible
Thanks again.

Joe

Joe,
Here are some pictures of E120 & Icom 504 along with cockpit connection for remote mic. You will see the display was mounted on a 3/4" piece of starboard to clear steering column. If you need any more info let me know.
Phil

Attachments

• helm 001 (Small).jpg
    helm 001 (Small).jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 502
  • helm 006 (Small).jpg
    helm 006 (Small).jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 502
  • helm 002 (Small).jpg
    helm 002 (Small).jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 503
  • helm 004 (Small).jpg
    helm 004 (Small).jpg
    37 KB · Views: 502
Thank you for posting the pics! I now have a better idea what I need to do if I go with the 120. Too bad RM doesnt make a 10" display. Looks like you repositioned the horn button and the hydraulic fluid cap?
I also like the position of the windlass button and the radio.
Thanks for the photos! Youve given me some great ideas!

Back