Headed in for 100 hr service this week, should I get the motor raised a bit?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Andy,

What kind of RPM's are you turning at WOT? I'm getting 5600-5700 with 3/4 fuel and light gear load.
Hoping by raising motor a bit to get up to 6000 and hold plane a few kts slower, then explore going with a four blade prop for better backing and more stern lift.

Hello Andy,

What kind of RPM's are you turning at WOT? I'm getting 5600-5700 with 3/4 fuel and light gear load.
Hoping by raising motor a bit to get up to 6000 and hold plane a few kts slower, then explore going with a four blade prop for better backing and more stern lift.
Hi Deadrise, I look forward to hearing how your boat does with engine raised and the 4-blade. I'm happy with how ours performs, although I'd be willing to try a different prop. (easy to do). Raising the engine is not a DIY job for me, so that is lower on my priority list. Our top RPM is about like yours; but slightly higher; about 5750-5800. (44 mph with light load). I get on plane quickly, and our 'sweet-spot' is running 4300-4400 RPM at 30-32 MPH getting 2.0-2.2 GPH.... Our prop is a S/S Yamaha Saltwater Series II 15X17 3-blade (also stamped on the prop is 17-T; I don't know what that means).... A lot of CP folks like the Hydro-Foils, Whale-Tales, etc... I've thought about adding these, but I'm shy about drilling holes in the engine plate. What's your opinion on those?

That first one was marginal.....It's a coin toss.....You will not know until you do it.....and it may need to be put back in the same spot.....It was scary to me.....Not having someone at the helm at that speed and being alone.....I dated a widow in the past that lost here husband and he was trolling.

The second one for sure needs to come up.

Most on here see this as a big deal to do.....Hell I can have it done before you can hook up and drag it to the dealer. But....I have the tools to do it with.

Thank you all for your input.

Andrew: The Permatrim looks and sounds interesting but i'm in no hurry to put a bunch of holes in the anti-cav plate. I'll see what raising the motor does, once I get that sorted out I will most likely move to a 4 blade. I'll ask the guys at the shop what they think about the Permatrims

Best thing I did to my 2520 was raising the engine and putting a 4 blade prop. The combination gave me a better hole shot, better low speed handling, better fuel economy, and 5950 rpms with my normal load.

Back