Hello from SE Florida

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ana

Reaction score
I've been enjoying a 2320SL since 2006, it is probably the best thing I ever got.
Unfortunately, after all the use it's looking a bit tired, my plan for the next year or two is to bring back its former shine. I started with the engine cover that was sunburned on the starboard side to the point of showing the fibers.
No mechanical issues but the inside of the cabin looks meh, and the outside is not much better.
The To-DO list is quite long: headline carpet is disintegrating, capt. chair and the bench have flat cushions, window frames have that whitish oxidation from age, black rubber parts on the windows are a bit greyish, even the casing around the throttle looks beat, the instrument panel, sound system, the canvas top on the back has thinned out so much it no longer holds the rain, even the scuba tank holders look tired.
Looking at the electronics also gives the impression of extreme wear and tear, they mostly work but every so often require a bit of a wiggle by the harness.

There's more of course but itemizing all makes it overwhelming. The plan is to revitalize it to almost showroom condition, then retire, and just go boating and diving Monday to Friday, leaving the weekends to the rest of the world.

Hi Ana. Welcome to the forum. There are some great people here with a lot of Parker knowledge. I had just started something similar with my 23 but didn’t quite finish everything as a new Parker came along. Very gratifying to do the work yourself and see the changes come along.

The plan is to revitalize it to almost showroom condition, then retire, and just go boating and diving Monday to Friday, leaving the weekends to the rest of the world.
Welcome to the forum, Ana. That's an excellent plan and is about to happen. Enjoy and good luck! By chance, can you share a pic of your boat?

I've been enjoying a 2320SL since 2006, it is probably the best thing I ever got.
Unfortunately, after all the use it's looking a bit tired, my plan for the next year or two is to bring back its former shine. I started with the engine cover that was sunburned on the starboard side to the point of showing the fibers.
No mechanical issues but the inside of the cabin looks meh, and the outside is not much better.
The To-DO list is quite long: headline carpet is disintegrating, capt. chair and the bench have flat cushions, window frames have that whitish oxidation from age, black rubber parts on the windows are a bit greyish, even the casing around the throttle looks beat, the instrument panel, sound system, the canvas top on the back has thinned out so much it no longer holds the rain, even the scuba tank holders look tired.
Looking at the electronics also gives the impression of extreme wear and tear, they mostly work but every so often require a bit of a wiggle by the harness.

There's more of course but itemizing all makes it overwhelming. The plan is to revitalize it to almost showroom condition, then retire, and just go boating and diving Monday to Friday, leaving the weekends to the rest of the world.
Hi Ana, Welcome to ClassicParker.... Sounds like you have a lot of work lined up for your Parker; don't fret, just eat that elephant, one bite at a time!... You've got a good plan for the retirement! It's nice having that to look forward to...

Reactions: Ana
Welcome to the forum, Ana. That's an excellent plan and is about to happen. Enjoy and good luck! By chance, can you share a pic of your boat?

This is our baby. Besides the antenna that has been replaced a few times, everything is pretty much original. Obviously, electronics, ladder, and the deck cover were added, but everything happened at the time of the purchase.

09May21.jpg

Back