Hello from Texas

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougP

Reaction score
Hello to All,
I have been lurking here for a while reading the great posts of other members and learning more about Parker boats. We are currently boatless :( but have been looking at Parkers for sometime.

We are leaning towards the 23SC for winter lake fishing and for use along the Texas coast. Just wished they offered twin engines with the 23SC :cry:

Thank you for the great site and hope to fully join the Parker family with the future purchase of a 23SC(with twins :?: )

Wow, we thought we were going to be the only Parker owners in the Hill Country.

We just brought home a 2320SC from Maryland and we love it. Have dropped it in Canyon a couple of times and boy do people stare.

Sorry about that I meant to say 2320SC.

To Fess and Flora,
Congratulations on your new boat :D . We would love the opportunity to meet y'all and drool over your new boat. We live at Canyon Lake. email me if you would like to meet.

Wife says I should change my "handle" to Boat Bug, because I sit here and read this forum learning as much as I can about Parkers and want one so bad.

I am curious as to why you want twins.
I don't know that I've ever seen a 2320 with anything but a single.

I have told me wife lots of boats go to sea with one engine. Her response was how many come back using one engine?

Meaning if the one you have dies for some reason how are we getting back to shore? If we had twins we would still have another engine to get home on.

Fess N Flora,
Can I ask you why you went to Maryland to pick up your boat? I am looking at the 2300 Big Bay. I live in Houston and I will be going to the boat show Janurary 5th to look at the Parker Boats. I don't see too many Parkers down here on the Gulf Coast. Did you get a better deal by picking it up in Maryland. Just curious.

Today's four strokes are so much more reliable than engines of even 10 years ago. Two engines require twice the maintenance, and twice as many moving parts to go wrong, and....

Having said that if I still had my 2520 Sportcabin, I was going to put a 15hp kicker on her for trolling, and for limping back should limping be required. There are so many boats here with a big single and a kicker; I am sure one of the reasons is safety.

ParkerSal":1wx3j5tw said:
Having said that if I still had my 2520 Sportcabin, I was going to put a 15hp kicker on her for trolling, and for limping back should limping be required. There are so many boats here with a big single and a kicker; I am sure one of the reasons is safety.

I think the other reason that you see kickers is for trolling.
I like to troll for rockfish, but it's tough to go slow enough, and still keep the motor from overheating.

Big block OX66's need to run at or above 800 rpm in order to pump enough water to keep them cool. 800 rpm on my boat when trolling with the current can be in the 4 to 5 kt range. Too fast for pulling umbrellas and other trolling gear.

There are times when I'll drop my tabs fully, trim the motor up, and I'm still going too fast at 800 rpm. :(

It's times like that where a kicker would sure come in handy. :wink:

Latest posts

Back