Hello , need help

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pat brocker

Reaction score
Hi all my name is pat and I live and work in Saint Augustine florida,I have always like parker. Now that I am looking I have need some help. I like the 2310walkaround and the 2320 sport cabin because of the 8'6" beam for trailering ( if you go to the bigger boats -W-the 9'6 " beam you need to get permits(restrictions for trailing).What I would like to fish for is tuna,dolphin,wahoo,swordfish and bottom fishing.be able to go 70 miles out. fish and sleep 3-4 guys.dual motors. Am I thinking of the wrong size boat.Please help.Thanks Pat B.

Going out 70 miles should not be a problem on good weather days, but I'm not so sure about sleeping 3 or 4 on a 23 unless somebody sleeps on the deck.
Also not sure why you believe you need twins, as the 2310 and 2320 are both rigged with singles.
The outboards of today can be very reliable motors if maintained properly, and the 23's you are considering certainly do not require twins.

You might want to start by checking the specifications of the two boats you have selected.
The spec sheets might be able to answer some of your questions.

http://www.parkerboats.net/pages/boat_l ... ?boatid=10
http://www.parkerboats.net/pages/boat_l ... ?boatid=14

Bought my 2320 specifically because of towing issues. Sleeping 4 wouldn't be possible unless someone sleeps in the cockpit. 60 - 70 miles off St. Aug on a nice day is easy; done it.

Thank you guys, First, Megabyte If I didn't have any bad luck at all I would not have any luck at all. I would just feel safer with twins. Just me. Better safe than sorry. More questions how do you guys have your boats set up and what do you fish for , What would you do different or what changes would you do if you had to do it over, and last everyone says they love their boats BUT what are some things you don;t like about the boat. That you again guys. Maybe we will see each other at the ramp. Tight lines

pat brocker":s2gj286e said:
If I didn't have any bad luck at all I would not have any luck at all. I would just feel safer with twins. Just me. Better safe than sorry.

Understand the feeling safer part, but also understand that the factory never built that boat with twins.
Not speaking for the factory, but I would bet that the weight of twins on that boat would make her seriously stern heavy... something you do not want.
If you find one with twins, it will have been retrofitted, so buyer beware.

You need to get over your fear of single motors.
This is 2011 and outboards have evolved.

Back